Garnacho: ****
Diallo: ****
Shoretire: ****
Chong: ****
pellistri: ****
Greenwood: ****
Ronaldo: King ****
Martial: ****
So eloquent maybe could have been less descriptive though :-)

Two dickheads in work yesterday. Off to the Tollgate to join the demonstration. Down with the Glazers the worst owners ever.
Same dickheads giddy as fuck the rags had beat the dippers this morning.
They watched the game in a pub, fucked if I know which one and apparently the ‘atmosphere’ was unreal!
They haven’t mentioned Uncle Malcolm’s spawn at all today.
Great news............

You're right. Calling it a derby (almost tobthe point of emphasis) is a definite change in their policy. Reading your post though, a thought struck me.
Look at it from Sky's point of view and ask yourself, what other choice do they have?

Sky have invested eye-watering amounts on Premier League coverage and, rightly or wrongly, long since decided to hang their hat on this as their marquee fixture. The big game that would capture the public's imagination and lure in more and more (badly-needed) subscribers.

Given the respective starts of both Utd and Liverpool, Sky could hardly bill it a potential Title Decider or even "laying down a marker" (whatever that actually means in football terms, I don't think I know, by the way). So resorted to the one word that gives the game permanent relevance... a derby.

It may be insulting to ourselves and Everton fans to describe this fixture as a derby but ultimately, we and they make up a negligible amount of the demographic they are trying to lure. In fairness to Sky, it is purely a business devision to protect their investment/ jobs.

I would suspect that they don't want to have to call it a derby. That they hate doing so, in fact. They'd much prefer if they didn't have to lie and the game was actually important.

In my opinion the global appeal is the premier league not the Rags & Dippers. The games v City have been bigger & we recently just played Chelsea in the Champs league final. They’d be better off bigging up he league & best teams rather than attacking their own product when the 90s clubs are shit.

The glory hunters will find a new team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.