United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are actually a lot of balanced posters on that forum but there’s a group of bitter, sanctimonious, hypocritical cunts who can’t help but blame City for United being run so shite over the past decade. To also claim that they don’t care about us when they never stop posting about us is about as laughable as it gets.

The OP - OldschoolWanc or whatever the fuck he’s called - is always at it. The post match thread from last week is hilarious. While most genuine United fans were dissecting the shortcomings in their own performance while begrudgingly acknowledging that we’d played well, within nanoseconds of the final whistle sounding that prick was blaming City for United being shite. I bet a pound to a penny that I’ve forgotten more about his club than that twat will ever know! Then there’s The Religion - 47,000-plus posts many of which are laced with bitter, clueless comments about us. What that mouth-breathing fuckwit knows about football probably wouldn’t even fill a postage stamp, and I bet neither of those cunts could name United’s unused sub in the 1968 European Cup Final without the aid of Google. I swear that if I went on a quiz show with those 2 and the subject matter was Manchester United I’d demolish both the fuckers!
rag.

Did Ten Hag get manager of the month??? someone said to to me in passing.....it made zero sense unless you believe that there is a concerted effort from certain establishments to keep the Rags relevant.
sorry mate I noticed half your post was missing :-)

OldschoolWanc claiming that if City’s dominance continues for the rest of the decade it will turn 99% fans off watching the sport

This is actually an interesting thing to think about.

It’s the Schumacher or Woods question. Schumacher winning 7 in a row turned loads of fans off F1, but Woods dominating golf grew the game more than anything before or since - including the golden era of Palmer, Nicklaus & Player.

In Germany, I don’t think attendances have been changed by Bayern winning 10 in a row, however I do think the culture has changed with much more emphasis put on the authenticity of being a fan, being part of a club vs winning.

What’s going to be really galling for United fans is that our current trajectory is going to see us spend less and less net money, with more local academy kids and cheap projects like Gomez and Alvarez coming through which will make us much more difficult to object to.

This is actually an interesting thing to think about.

It’s the Schumacher or Woods question. Schumacher winning 7 in a row turned loads of fans off F1, but Woods dominating golf grew the game more than anything before or since - including the golden era of Palmer, Nicklaus & Player.

In Germany, I don’t think attendances have been changed by Bayern winning 10 in a row, however I do think the culture has changed with much more emphasis put on the authenticity of being a fan, being part of a club vs winning.
This is what football is about for the fans of most clubs. It seems it's only the entitled clubs that think 'everyone' will turn away from football if one club dominates (unless it's their club of course)

This is what football is about for the fans of most clubs. It seems it's only the entitled clubs that think 'everyone' will turn away from football if one club dominates (unless it's their club of course)

It's the clubs with the most tourist fans that are bitter, in the course of a few bad seasons they will lose a lot of fans because they will jump ship and support only success.

Our attendances remained healthy although we only spent 1 season in the third tier. Ipswich seem OK despite poor performance. Be interesting to see how Derby go on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.