United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am enjoying the absolute state of what was once known as "Jadon Sancho's career".

Coulda played under Pep, been part of something legendary, potentially been moulded into an absolute top class player like Phil. Just had to have a bit of patience.

But no. Thought he was better than the club. Thought he knew more than the best manager in the game at the age of 17, and was so full of himself he started skipping training to prove a point. Then tried to rub salt in by joining our biggest rivals.

Well, look where you are now, matey. Being subbed at half time against a lower-table La Liga side.

He'll be playing for Crystal Palace in a year or two.
With the contract he's on, I don't think he'll give a fuck.

It was very obvious from his early days here that he thought he was an arrogant fucker who thought he was a cut above.He clearly believed natural talent alone would propel him to the top as he swaggered his way to Dortmund and then onto the rags.

The kid does indeed have wonderful ability,but that counts for little if the attitude is wrong.Hopefully,other kids,and obviously especially ours.....have watched how his career is panning out compared to that of Foden.
It’s a trope but that’s for a reason: hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Ultimately blame lies with the manager,imo
The keeper has never looked comfortable playing this way
Utd trying to keep up with City,copying our style ,instead of concentrating on their own...clearly playing to the managers orders.
Ultimately, every mistake made by any footballer is that players managers fault.
But here you have a good old classic 'shit bit of play'.
We had them fuck ups in the early days of Pep, and technically, it is Peps decision to play that way so his responsibility, same as poundland Pep at utd.
If the player cannot pass a ball accurately under pressure, then that player is eligible for criticism for he is a professional footballer.

I find the scapegoating/narrative of Maguire very disturbing.

It's become a national thing, with the mainstream and social media taking it in turns to pick up the baton.

It's bullying, pure and simple.

He's made a few mistakes, but he's conveniently carrying the can for a club and a supporter base looking for anything to excuse away how shit they are.

Sancho and Anthony cost a combined £160m and have been nothing short of lamentable.

The Glazers are accused of all sorts, yet they consistently ensure United are one of the top spenders and sanctioned a record £300m splurge last summer.

Maguire is the main target on the back pages today when anyone with a brain knows De Gea was at fault for two goals.

People even cite his looks. A bunch of fucking shitbags looking for an easy pile-on, when they wouldn't fucking dare to do it to his face.

One day a player is going to be taken to the brink and then all these pricks will all clutch their pearls and ask what we can do to avoid a tragedy in the future?

Maguire is having a bad time of it, but most people will at some stage, when nothing seems to go right.

He's a dad, a husband, a son.

United and their sycophants all need to look closer to home, starting with their entitlement.
Not sure the first goal is De Geas fault… if Maguire is aware of what is around him, he lets the ball come across his body and he’s on the counter with 3 opposing players out of the picture - I’d expect the majority of city defenders to do that

Of course Maguire isn’t managed by Pep or playing in a Pep inspired system

On the whole though I agree he’s the Pantomine villain but this isn’t pantomime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.