United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fu*k me, just nearly choked on my tea, having a quick glance at the City page on Newsnow (which is as close as one gets to engaging with the media) and this little gem popped out from the usual dross -

Screenshot_20230630_183655_Samsung Internet.jpg

Though De Gea has come up short with the passing game he did serve United very well for years: four times their POTY, beat Schmeichel's record for number of clean sheets, Golden Glove twice. No way of really knowing what has been going on behind the scenes but can't help feeling that this is a sad way of saying goodbye to a long-serving player. A touch of sense in Redcafe, recognising that he was once world class, and time and again kept United in respectable positions in the table. I dare say they all thought that with Woodward's departure things would be managed better - apparently not.
This is true. He has saved the rags from humiliation many many times, so to just discard him like an empty food wrapper is poor form from them. But it's not entirely unexpected given the way the club has treated some of its ex-players.
Contrast this with the adulation and god-like reverence they treated çuntona in that anniversary game. You would have thought the French prick had a halo above his head the way that club kow-towed to his every whim and fancy.

Phil wont get a start now that Mount is at the rags, we all know how it works ;-)
@ give it to gordon said: sad thing is its true mate. I think our Phil has hopes he can win a world cup but after that cluster fuck when he came on as a sub and then got replaced due to a English sending off, I might have seen the writing on the wall.
Just my take on things ;-)

Very average player, who can't seem to get anywhere near the England team.

Surprised they didn't try and sign Maddison, who I think is a better player, and fairly similar.

Suppose it shows which baskets they're shopping in these days.

Maddison is way better than Mount, and cheaper.

The only midfielder in the league in the last 2 years that has more combined goals and assists than Maddison is De Bruyne. Pretty impressive when you consider how shite Leicester have been.

Maddison has some real quality and has been consistent with it as long as he is fit. Mount just runs around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.