United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though De Gea has come up short with the passing game he did serve United very well for years: four times their POTY, beat Schmeichel's record for number of clean sheets, Golden Glove twice. No way of really knowing what has been going on behind the scenes but can't help feeling that this is a sad way of saying goodbye to a long-serving player. A touch of sense in Redcafe, recognising that he was once world class, and time and again kept United in respectable positions in the table. I dare say they all thought that with Woodward's departure things would be managed better - apparently not.
We all said at the time, didn't we? To play the "ten Hag" way they needed first of all to replace de Gea. Like Guardiola did with Hart. Ruthless but necessary. I suspect the Glazers wouldn't let him

We all said at the time, didn't we? To play the "ten Hag" way they needed first of all to replace de Gea. Like Guardiola did with Hart. Ruthless but necessary. I suspect the Glazers wouldn't let him
Play tge ten hag way...
He's been at that dump for a whole season and I have no idea what his style of play is.
To be fair I have only seen them play 3 times

Maddison is way better than Mount, and cheaper.

The only midfielder in the league in the last 2 years that has more combined goals and assists than Maddison is De Bruyne. Pretty impressive when you consider how shite Leicester have been.

Maddison has some real quality and has been consistent with it as long as he is fit. Mount just runs around a bit.
Maddison is miles better than Mount.
Our Phil is Mile's better than Mount and maddison.
Guess who will start every game for England

He was the mostly just the solution to the problem he created... the only reason he made so many game saving saves is because the opposition attackers were able to find chances to shoot in the first place because de Gea always stuck firmly to his line and had no command of his penalty area.
Yeah. Been very good for them overall but he has some glaring weaknesses.To play the modern way which to be fair i think their manager wants to do they need a keeper who is competent with the ball at his feet.

I can't help thinking that Mason Mount is made for United. Overrated, thanks to a very occasional flash of brilliance, though not last season, when he was "missing." A poser, who fancies himself, and fancied equally by Southgate; one of his favourites - despite never having been looked upon as a game-changer.

Yet another "show pony" who'll be a flat track bully, no doubt, but I don't see how he really improves them. He's just more of the same. He couldn't get a game at Chelsea as their season went on, and - for an attacking midfielder - he scored 3 goals.

£55 million for a player they definitely don't need. Another attacking midfielder! I like this piece of business.

Welcome to Salford, Mason; home of the red devil posers. Otherwise known as The Scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.