United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a lovely goal. Hadn’t appreciated the teamwork in it, when I watched it on Match of the Day
I was just trying to work out how I would stop them doing that to a team that I was managing. And I think you'd have to go man to man, just to cut of the passes. No point in holding a certain shape when they are just passing it around you. Only way to stop that is to pick up a man each, because I don't think hunting in packs with do it, they will just go back to the center half's or goalie and recycle it down the other side of the pitch.

Some job that he is doing there. They literally lost their entire midfield in the summer and look even better now. Someone who can do that with ordinary players like Adam Lallana and Danny Wellbeck, you have to doff your cap to him. He's the real deal.

Brighton will take more scalps this season.

Some job that he is doing there. They literally lost their entire midfield in the summer and look even better now. Someone who can do that with ordinary players like Adam Lallana and Danny Wellbeck, you have to doff your cap to him. He's the real deal.
The two players you mentioned could be classed as " cast offs" from bigger teams.
Lallana probaby couldn't get near a current liverpool 11 and the same with Wellbeck at arsenal or rags. Shows what can be done with great management combined with shrewd buyers.

The two players you mentioned could be classed as " cast offs" from bigger teams.
Lallana probaby couldn't get near a current liverpool 11 and the same with Wellbeck at arsenal or rags. Shows what can be done with great management combined with shrewd buyers.
Is Welbeck any worse than Martial? They could have saved themselves £60m.

Is Welbeck any worse than Martial? They could have saved themselves £60m.
Can't make out Martial at all. Seems to play more for France than the rags, a bit like Pogba but more likeable.
Obviously Wellbeck had injury issues at the rags and bumnal.
Must be a right kick in the teeth to see a player scoring against his former team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.