United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it! £294 million in prize money alone last season?

This is what UEFA has done to football.

The most successful/richest clubs become more successful and richer, so they can buy the best players, and in turn become more successful and richer.
This is so true and the foundations that they created and built upon. Always buying the best players because they had the most money because they won everything and kept on repeating.

It was a long and painful battle but as has been said, we've caught them up and now are streaking away. The very rules they introduced (via UEFA and the PL) are the very rules which are preventing them from getting back into the game. I LOVE IT!!!

We are now in the driving seat and, I must say, doing a fabulous job along the lines of recruitment and retention.

We needed massive investment up front and we had it, that brought us level with them. We now can compete on the level playing field. It was imperative that we had that initial investment without it we would never have been able to establish ourselves and get a decent footing and create fair competition. Now we can and I wouldn't be averse to FFP being structured to enable other teams to establish themselves.... maybe with some kind of repayment (of the initial investment) plan - I'm sure we could manage that.

Let’s not forget, they will start the new season with no shirt sponsor.
the dodgy TeamViewer contract got binned when the TeamViewer shareholders got wind that the deal with the rags was more than their entire profits! I am sure I read somewhere of a link between the Glazers and TeamViewer, related party? Anyway they can start the season without a sponsor or maybe do the Millwall “skint” thing, I think it was Millwall!

I always said them lot was the Leeds model that sunk under Risdale but on steroids. This is proving to be the case.
Who are the latest pay day load company.....?

Wonga? would look good on the shit shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.