United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great way to start the day :-) Soft tw*ts

giphy.gif

It must be really great for the moral of that squad to hear the manager say this.

He's not really that great of a manager, is he? Publicly complaining about players, not improving a single player.

Compare this to Pep's way of approaching the same problem:

He gives straight answers to the media, but doesn't realize that's not how it works. It's counter-productive if there are no results to back up.

It must kill united fans to think that they could have afforded all our players (except perhaps Grealish).

But they either...
1. Didn't have the thought leadership to bravely change football (e.g. Ederson - brought in to change GKing forever)
2. Didn't have a hope of convincing them of their "project" (e.g. Haaland - also do they have a "project")
3. Didn't put in place proper scouting internationally (e.g. Alvarez - have they even tried to sign anyone from there)
4. Didn't even fathom going for them (e.g. Akanji - it seems like they can't do anything outside of youtube highlights)
5. Didn't have a decent enough youth setup (e.g. Foden - even when their is potential they let them sink)
6. Didn't have a manager who can transform players (e.g. Rodri - have they ever even improved a player)

Any player considering going to united has no other option in order to make the money they want to make. They know that it's more of a media-savvy career move than a footballing career move. (And fair dues to them) A few might genuinely think that they could make them successful again but I doubt if that lasts very long.

As much as I hate united I'm fascinated to know what they even believe is their road to recovery. It seem sto be to get a grip on CL by grinding out top 4 finishes...if so what next? Is it to get a next level manager to take them further then? But aren't every club going to do the same - us, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal, spurs, etc. how will they convinve a new manager or a new player if they don't have structure to showcase. they need a Salesman but more importantly they need a product to sell.

(They need a total reboot of football. Their only hope I think was the Super League and the fans and Neville fucked that up on them. Long may it continue but I hope they never find the Nuclear Button to press)

Scoreboard on stand by tonight by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.