United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day I ever start talking about the "City Way" is the day that people will have permission to shoot me. It's cringeworthy bollocks.

I'm not sure who you're referring to in the last bit Ged, but as much as I've got time for West Ham fans in general, some of their fans use the term too
I think he meant ‘typical City’ and it got lost in translation. Let’s face it, we did used to do things differently. :)

He's unbelievable, isn't he?
Truth be told they were never in for, or probably even knew about Brightons signings. 'Ahh, we could have had them because we're Utd'. Their shit show would have put Kane off. At least he's honest about Bellingham. Tbh, I think the old toilet pitch would be too small for his and Fernandez's egos. Can you imagine the arguments over who's taking free kicks!
oh they knew all about caicedo, they pulled out of the deal because it was too awkward to get it done, its just another excuse to save them admitting how inept they are.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has highlighted the inherent difficulty in following Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United's most successful ever manager.

He said times had changed since Ferguson retired in 2013, with increased competition meaning United were no longer able to cherry pick the best players from the Premier League and Europe.

He named Erling Haaland, Declan Rice, Moises Caicedo, Jude Bellingham and Harry Kane as players he considered signing.

"We felt we needed players ready for there and then. Brighton are very good at letting players come from abroad and find their feet for a year and a half. At United, you don’t have that luxury and that has cost the club loads of players," said Solskjaer.

"We wanted Jude Bellingham badly — he’s a Man United player, but I respect he chose Dortmund. That was probably sensible.

"I would have signed Kane every day of the week and my understanding was that he wanted to come. But the club didn’t have the budget with the financial constraints from Covid-19, there was no bottomless pit."
The arrogance shown by the comment: "he's a Man United player" is why the club is in such a mess. Remember Rooney "We gave them a football lesson" after a flukey win in the Comms Shield and Fergie's unforgettable: "Not in my lifetime." And the nauseating non-stop: "This is Manchester United we are talking about."
Until they learn some humility they will never get back to the top.

Yeah I agree.
The narrative the media use stating Anfield as such "knowledgeable fans" always pisses me off.
What is knowledgeable about booing players who have left them?
Or booing an opposition player because they have been fouled by a dipper and then they've received a caution for it?
Or singing about rivals player's mum being a fat slag etc etc.
Knowledgeable is a stupid description from the media of their fan base but it gets a thumbs up from the dippers
I remember one pile of bollocks I heard, was how they stand up and clap a winning away team off in the Kemlyn road stand …

Had a hilarious chat with a red on the train yesterday who told me that united had become a big club the organic way to which I laughed and swore repeatedly! He knew a lot about football in general but it all came tumbling down when it came to his club. The delusion is real with this lot.

The arrogance shown by the comment: "he's a Man United player" is why the club is in such a mess. Remember Rooney "We gave them a football lesson" after a flukey win in the Comms Shield and Fergie's unforgettable: "Not in my lifetime." And the nauseating non-stop: "This is Manchester United we are talking about."
He should be saying
He is good enough to be a United player
Or
He is is the type of player united need

They are deluded
They would be better places starting again with 11 youngsters and buying two or three players every year to add to it

Can’t say this cycle of signing wank players on big contracts is bothering me as I love it
But anyone who isn’t a united fan can see the issue a mile off

Not in our lifetime they wont :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.