United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a taxi recently, and the driver was telling me how, someone who had a kid with one of our players (about ten years ago), was given child support in cash.

This apparently proves that Haaland is getting a million pound salary, and most of it is paid cash, off the books.

There was also some conspiracy about Andy Burnham and traffic too, but I'd tuned out by then.
Did you pay him cash? Hmmmmn

Goebbels Nazi Propaganda 101:

- Demonize your opponents
- Accuse them of everything you're guilty of
- Use language a 4th grader can understand as most people are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning.

Used by Sky, BT as well to increase their ratings.

'Get Brexit Done'

'Get Rwanda Done'

Shit sorry, wrong thread.

Same moronic lack of thinking though.

Hahahahahahaha
Sky ( Dharmesh Sheth) saying Rags will walk away from buying someone called Hojlund from Atalanta is they feel asking price is too high.
Yep, that worked well for them in their pursuit for Mount didn’t it.
The hill they died on.....

Yes, it's not like bunging a doorman an extra fifty quid in a brown envelope, is it?

For the guys we are talking about it would need to be 100k a week to make it worthwhile. Maybe more. And it would have to be in cash, because any form of cheque or bank transfer would leave traces that can be detected by, among others, HMRC.

So this would involve obtaining around a million a week in cash, splitting it between the players (a suitcase each perhaps?) and them taking it away in their cars. I mean, no one would notice, would they? Who does the actual paying out? Khaldoon? Because if it's the equivalent of a wages clerk, that's an obvious security risk. A huge temptation to talk to someone about it.

Then the player gets his £100k home. What does he do with it? It can't be taken down to the bank, as again, the transaction would show. Anyone who pays in huge amounts of cash into a bank at regular intervals had better have a good explanation because someone is going to be asking questions. Heard of the Money Laundering Regulations?

Spend it? 100k a week? Really? You can't even put it on at Belle Vue Dogs these days. Shove it in a cupboard and leave it?

The sheer impracticality is obvious. What happens when someone leaves? Why would Jesus, for example, move to Arsenal and lose his £100k a week in readies? That's without thinking of the obvious legal issues.
Could we get round this by being registered in the Caymen Islands

How is the new shirt protest going?

0429-DABC-057-B-4300-92-BF-4452504-A224-C.png

2635875-A-1551-44-A7-A29-C-E905-D421998-B.png

Not a pair of Zebra pants insight.

4-D016791-2-C24-4-BCE-994-B-354-B2-DA4-BCAD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.