United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always think huddles are out of place in soccer as they look a bit twee.
I know huddles are used in American football to discuss 'plays', (strategy), but think they wouldn't be of much use to the rags anyway, as they don't appear to have much of a strategy!

Don't let this slip he said :)

Hopefully we get past the group stage, (I’m not entitled as some) and we get to play the German Rags again in the latter stage of the CL. They are not a great side anymore, in a knockout anything can happen but I believe we are so much better than they are, the Rags ain’t champions nor are the Tarquins, I’ve laid them both on the exchange for beer money.

Weird team Bayern, they looked better playing us for the first 45 minutes at the Etihad 6 months ago than they did last night. They didn’t move the hall as quick, you do wonder if signing Kane has slowed them down a little. They didn’t control the game last night and went through the gears when they wanted to score.

well to be fair as bananas were used thriughout the 70s/80s to racially abuse black players only an daft sod or someone not about in that era would think shouting banana at him would be not seen in that context.

Even if that is no the intention it is so easily open to misunderstanding and a daft obviously contentious nickname I hope no fans adopt.
It's food for thought........I send a gif to my Dad and Brother (both rags) after the first BM goal last night, which was a Minion (animated character for the FOCs) shouting "Banana", which was a simple pisstake of his name and the fact a Banana would have saved it.

There was no thought whatsoever of it being racist, just a play on words.

But, as you have rightly pointed out, send that to the wrong person and it could easily be taken a different way.

Inter defence was decent so a goalie whose main asset was his footwork and catching ability will be fine, the rags defence is wank so one who's weakness is shot stopping if royaly fucked

Last edited:
It's food for thought........I send a gif to my Dad and Brother (both rags) after the first BM goal last night, which was a Minion (animated character for the FOCs) shouting "Banana", which was a simple pisstake of his name and the fact a Banana would have saved it.

There was no thought whatsoever of it being racist, just a play on words.

But, as you have rightly pointed out, send that to the wrong person and it could easily be taken a different way.
Just to compound it, they have him playing in a yellow kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.