United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know CFC have a small shareholder. But what is the point of being a 25% shareholder ?
What can this Ratcliffe bloke do with his 25% share ?
Not being a financial brain myself I dont understand how it works. If Ratcliffe puts money in surely he just makes the Glazer's more money ? Or is Ratcliffe going to take 25% of the money the Glazer's take out ?
You've nailed it. 25% of the shares gets 25% of the dividends. Which he'll want in order to service the debt he'll be taking on to finance this deal.

It's been mentioned before but if the Qataris buy another Prem team it won't be the Dippers, I'm pretty sure of that.
Everton, definitely. Moving to a ground suitable for 21st century football, so much scope for development, the world would be their lobster. The two north London clubs are pretty stable, as are the Hammers. I'd say Brighton are also in safe hands looking forward. Palace, maybe. Ground way too small though.
The rest, sorry to say, are also-rans.

The rags are imploding on a huge scale. A couple more wrong moves and it will be cataclysmal for them. The end.
People say they are too big to fall, but look at Woolworths, Debenhams etc - they said the same about them.
Twenty years ago nobody would have thought the vermin would be in this position, ever. But they are, and it is happening while we are the undisputed kings of the game: the big boys amongst the bigger boys.

And it IS happening in his time.

And suspect that is exactly what will happen. I hope it isn't LFC though.
Pity Everton have just been sold , always got on with their fans and the ones on here are sound can’t think of anyone else but need it up north to grind the rags into the ground, Preston perhaps, don’t mind them

It's been mentioned before but if the Qataris buy another Prem team it won't be the Dippers, I'm pretty sure of that.
Everton, definitely. Moving to a ground suitable for 21st century football, so much scope for development, the world would be their lobster. The two north London clubs are pretty stable, as are the Hammers. I'd say Brighton are also in safe hands looking forward. Palace, maybe. Ground way too small though.
The rest, sorry to say, are also-rans.

The rags are imploding on a huge scale. A couple more wrong moves and it will be cataclysmal for them. The end.
People say they are too big to fall, but look at Woolworths, Debenhams etc - they said the same about them.
Twenty years ago nobody would have thought the vermin would be in this position, ever. But they are, and it is happening while we are the undisputed kings of the game: the big boys amongst the bigger boys.

And it IS happening in his time.
My new word for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.