United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glazers can use him the manipulate the paying customer in to thinking they will sell up!

Ratcliffe will probably do an interview where he sets out plans he wants for the club! As in players they going to buy, stadium to get a face lift..
if and big if there sinking under weight of debt then at least they have taken out another billion dividend

I know CFC have a small shareholder. But what is the point of being a 25% shareholder ?
What can this Ratcliffe bloke do with his 25% share ?
Not being a financial brain myself I dont understand how it works. If Ratcliffe puts money in surely he just makes the Glazer's more money ? Or is Ratcliffe going to take 25% of the money the Glazer's take out ?
Ratcliffe's 25% is also not totally coming off the 69% that the Glazers own.

He is buying 12.5% of the Glaziers and 12.5% off the supporters who own 41% I think......

What he may do (and what some rag fans are really hoping) is that he will over the next few years buy more % of the shares and slowly buy them out. However the cost of that is only going to increase and he hasnt got the money to put into the infrastructure, ground, players etc off the back of this...they will of course keep spending like they have but only like they have (even though Ive read somewhere they are the top spenders) - they cannot compete for the top players and wont with this. Plus and this is huge....the debt remains which is why they are fucked - something like £800m

Glaziers will love this as now Ratcliffe is public enemy no.1 at present for getting into bed with the Glaziers and will take a bit of the spotlight off of them. He will be the mouthpiece as a "boyhood man utd fan." Yet he tried to buy Barca and Chelsea before them!!!

Sheik Jasmin supossedly offered 6.4B for them (clearing the total debt)...way over the asking price and the glaziers still didnt sell...Sheik Jasim and his group will be pissed - they wil go and buy someone else and directly compete against them and that will be another club going above them constantly....West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Palace (You would have to think it would be a club from a large city so they can input into the infrastructure etc like our owners have done) - Everton would be a very good bet (hope its not spurs as I dont want them doing well)....can you imagine them usurping the red scouse!!!!! Now that would be a melt down Id love to see!!!!

Would love to see West Ham up there competing with us and the others however.....

Same here I don't quite understand how this benefits utd. It seems to be just allowing someone else to piggy back on the profits that utd bring.

The one thing that might be an improvement for them is that Radcliffe seems to have taken over control of football affairs for utd, he can't do a worse job than them and he has experience.

End of the day though it's another investor who will demand a profit.
it doesnt benefit utd except int he very short term..an initial input of funds that will allow them to buy in January and maybe next summer....but that is it - he hasnt got the money and the debt remains which is huge

he has fucked them big time and the rag fans are turning on him already (or a section of them are that realise the truth)
Ratcliffe has helped keep the Glaziers in power - he has got into bed with them

it doesnt benefit utd except int he very short term..an initial input of funds that will allow them to buy in January and maybe next summer....but that is it - he hasnt got the money and the debt remains which is huge

he has fucked them big time and the rag fans are turning on him already (or a section of them are that realise the truth)
Ratcliffe has helped keep the Glaziers in power - he has got into bed with them
Anything but investment in infrastructure seals their coffin shut.

Goldbridge tells a coupla anecdotes how Man City's infrastructure and local impact are miles ahead of United at the end of his morning rant today. fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.