United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that interview quite interesting. There was no real suggestion from the journalist that the CIA had anything to do with the rags, it was just that the central company of the Glazers' US interests was previously owned by George Bush Senior and there were suggestions that the CIA had used some of the assets in the Caribbean as listening posts. That was hardly a shock, the CIA had and probably still have their fingers in a lot of pies, so to speak.

I never realised that Ferguson never actually paid a penny towards his share of the racehorse - but he still felt he was entitled to a share of the stud fees, the cheeky sod! No wonder Magnier and McManus were fuming.
Bluemoon whip round for a Rock of Gibraltar statue anyone?

I found that interview quite interesting. There was no real suggestion from the journalist that the CIA had anything to do with the rags, it was just that the central company of the Glazers' US interests was previously owned by George Bush Senior and there were suggestions that the CIA had used some of the assets in the Caribbean as listening posts. That was hardly a shock, the CIA had and probably still have their fingers in a lot of pies, so to speak.

I never realised that Ferguson never actually paid a penny towards his share of the racehorse - but he still felt he was entitled to a share of the stud fees, the cheeky sod! No wonder Magnier and McManus were fuming.
Sums Fergie up really

Watching Maxine on Netflix now, it’s about Maxine Carr the girlfriend of Ian Huntley .

I remember the united shirts on the two young girls was a big part of the investigation.
In the programme the reference is that the two girls are wearing red football shirts not united shirts. Huntley states in the programme interview “My team, they have good taste” but no reference to him being a united fan. it’s as if united have disassociated themselves from the horrific events and blocked the film maker from allowing them to use manchester united as it’s a bad association . I just find it strange

New stadium? The state of these deluded twats haha

It is amazing how ugly Old Trafford looks form the outside. The various additions over the years look like they were designed without an architect involved.

I never realised that Ferguson never actually paid a penny towards his share of the racehorse - but he still felt he was entitled to a share of the stud fees, the cheeky sod! No wonder Magnier and McManus were fuming
As I remember it at the time,and I stand to be corrected by someone better informed, John Magnier bought the horse at stud for his wife. He also listed GPC as a co-owner as a gift (had a decent stake in the rags at that time). The horse was phenomenal and won 6 or 7 Group races and substantial prize money. As guest owner, who had paid nothing, he still took a percentage of prize monies.

When the horse was retired to stud it was worth a fortune and GPC thought he was entitled to a cut of it. Millions of pounds a year basically. Resulted in a court case, GPC accepting £2.5M one off fee, for something he never eve paid for. Magnier then sold his stake to the Glazers after an acrimonious court case in which Magnier produced 99 questions for GPC to answer regarding the running of the rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.