United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rags at work so watching a few on YouTube lololol.

One point that keeps coming up for the penalty. Rags it's not a penalty because Rodri isnt getting to the ball. I didnt know the player had to be getting the ball for a penalty. I thought a foul regardless of were the ball is still a foul, hence off the ball
Apparently they take into account whether the fouled player could get to the ball. Given that the foul starts a few seconds before the ball gets there and he gets within a few yards of the ball, I’d say there was a bloody good chance he was going to bullet a header into the top corner

So if a rag was to punch
Apparently they take into account whether the fouled player could get to the ball. Given that the foul starts a few seconds before the ball gets there and he gets within a few yards of the ball, I’d say there was a bloody good chance he was going to bullet a header into the top corner

So if a rag was to punch a City player in the box who wasnt in a goal scoring position it isnt a penalty ! So an indirect free kick ?

The same with handball if the handball isnt stopping a shooting chance it's not a penalty !

The one save that Ederson had to make, was literally from Rashford smashing the ball up the pitch with his left foot, with absolutely no idea where the ball was actually going intending to go.

Never even had a spell today, which has never happened over the last few years despite how bad they were.
Their most incisive pass / through ball was made by Foden

Is Jose Mourinho trying to build Inter Milan part 2 at Manchester United? I think he could be. Think of Luke Shaw and Alexis Sanchez as your Eto'o and your Maicon in this set-up.

It was funny when sky kept mentioning Haaland and Hojlund in the same sentence like it was some competition.

The only thing they have in common is they're big Scandinavian lads with blonde hair. One of them is the best goalscorer in world football and the other hasn't scored goal in the league yet.

Although to be fair to the lad, his team are absolutely useless going forward unless it's some counter attack now and again. They seem to be unable to create anything from any other attacking scenario that it would be very difficult for him to show if he's a decent striker or not. Even if he is decent, good luck showing it regularly in that team.

50 million for a player with 1 year left on his contract, and it looks like he has zero clue where to play him.
come on he played a sumptuous ball once through to havertz to stop little city winning the champions league.
so well worth 50 million

god i miss moaning tyler on days like this

So if a rag was to punch

So if a rag was to punch a City player in the box who wasnt in a goal scoring position it isnt a penalty ! So an indirect free kick ?

The same with handball if the handball isnt stopping a shooting chance it's not a penalty !
No that’s different but in cases of grabbing / shirt pulling etc, they apparently take into account whether the player could have reached the ball. Not saying it’s right in my eyes but that apparently is what they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.