United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT???? NOOOOOOOOO. YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME? SERIOUSLY? NO TOP FOUR?

The effectively epic cluelessness of this entire organiz(s)ation stands as a monument to the vagaries of arrogance and laurel-resting. The case studies written about the collapse of this once mighty footballing institution will sit on shelves and be studied for decades.

City may be a generational success, but United -- mark my words -- will be discussed as a generational failure.

I'd be astounded if they make top four

I think us, the dippers and arsenal are nailed on. Spurs look like they could get in the top 4, especially if they strengthen a bit more in January.

Villa are no mugs, I reckon they could finish top 6 along with Newcastle, maybe one of them could get top 4. Brighton will be in around the top six or seven if they can sort their defence out a bit.

So I think they should be more concerned about finishing in the top six than the top four. There's at least 6 or 7 sides that look much better than the rags.

I'd be astounded if they make top four

I think us, the dippers and arsenal are nailed on. Spurs look like they could get in the top 4, especially if they strengthen a bit more in January.

Villa are no mugs, I reckon they could finish top 6 along with Newcastle, maybe one of them could get top 4. Brighton will be in around the top six or seven if they can sort their defence out a bit.

So I think they should be more concerned about finishing in the top six than the top four. There's at least 6 or 7 sides that look much better than the rags.
They have literally no fucking prayer of top 4. I mean NONE. City have a better chance of not making top 4 than the rags do making it. I was absolutely mystified by those who predicted they'd be top 4 this season.

They have literally no fucking prayer of top 4. I mean NONE. City have a better chance of not making top 4 than the rags do making it. I was absolutely mystified by those who predicted they'd be top 4 this season.
It's not a surprise prediction - the big teams always rise to the top places by the end of the season.

United have only finished outside the top 6 once since the Premier League started (when Moyes was 7th), and have finished top 4 in three of the last four seasons. In the last 17 years, 67 of the 68 CL places have gone to the usual big six teams.

They may miss out on the top 4, but I don't think I'd be betting on them definitely not making.

The same as it ever was, their arrogance is their downfall.

The day they stop trotting out complete sophistry like “That’s okay for some small team but this is Manchester United Football Club” they might start to get somewhere.

They lose constantly because they think they have a god-given right to win. But it requires guile, humility, hard work and attitude to be successful. Of which they have precious little.

Neville is right in one sense, the rot is deep. But he’s yet to realise that he is part of it.
Well said. I was just coming on here to say similar.

Yep, just like Usain Bolt if he retired before those last two races, in which he didn't win the 100m and pulled up in the relay race.

Legend has it, that when Mancini denied him the league in 2012, he stayed on for another year so he could end his career on a league title.

Clever old bastard indeed.
I’ve said this before; if Agüeroooooooooo! didn’t happen, the pisscan would have retired in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.