United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson was no mug, he knew what was in store for united and got out to preserve his legacy. The league was about way too competitive for his liking and he knew City were going to be the best of the lot, so he bolted.

Smart old bastard if you ask me. United would've struggled with or without him in thr coming years and he knew it, and now his legacy is even greater because he knew he had to bow out. Had he stayed, his final years would've been like Wenger.
I think this is a much more accurate depiction of what happened rather than any deliberate covert scorched earth policy by him (which has previously been suggested in some quarters on here). He knew his legacy would have been tarnished if he’d stayed (although tbf he was in his seventies when he went).

I think if he’d been given the following three scenarios in 2013:

1. Leave and the club continues in a similar vein and your legacy is intact
2. Leave and the club declines and your legacy is undermined and eventually tarnished
3. Stay on and your dominance comes to an end and your legacy is tarnished

He’d have picked them in that order. I don’t accept he wanted united to fail after he left, because that would serve to undermine what he’d (subjectively) achieved in the last few years, and if it went on for long enough, brings into question what he achieved overall, which has now undoubtedly happened, at least to anyone applying intellectual honesty to the situation.

The silence around RoG in the media is deafening.

He saw what was coming and got out, not because he wanted things to go south, but because he thought they would.

To that extent, he definitely got out at the right time.

He plays shite most of the time. So I guess it's pretty easy.

Fwiw I've always found him very dislikeable, even before he was beating his girlfriend up. Looks like a drug dealer to me.
yes, definitely looks like the track tracksuit wearing, tattoo's done with Crayola by a 4 year old with ADHD, sketchy shit **** selling meth and spice by the skips round the back of KFC

Now I know if you finish 3rd in your CL group, you go into the knockout stages of the Europa League, but if you finish bottom of your CL group, do you go into the knockout stages of the Conference League?

Asking for a *chuckle* friend.

It was funny when sky kept mentioning Haaland and Hojlund in the same sentence like it was some competition.

The only thing they have in common is they're big Scandinavian lads with blonde hair. One of them is the best goalscorer in world football and the other hasn't scored goal in the league yet.
The Viking vs Rasmus Birtles

Last edited:
The famous cycling drug pusher which Matthew Syed gets a touch on for.

Wonder what attract them to him?

Banter aside for a second, Brailsford revolutionised British cycling and to call him a drugs pusher is really unfair.

He’s being brought in because he’s the Team Ineos coach of course and has worked with Ratcliffe for a number of years.

But none of that makes him the right man to oversee a football club…!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.