United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are in terminal decline. They are always quick to talk about their history but all that has been lost in the pursuance of high transfer value players (some I've never heard of) who join up and talk about being at the biggest and most famous club in the world but that isn't anywhere near enough creating a successive and successful venture. Without giving them an obvious and trueful sense of direction, what they need to do is to have a clear gutting of their playing staff and management and to go back to the 1950s and go big on a youth policy, something they became famous for, but that will take time and whether their support base will allow that is an entirely different matter. A 10 year process, minimum, I would guess.
The Titanic was big and famous.....

I love those. It’s like a very public post mortem.
But what motivates them is an ever increasing desperation for them to reclaim what is seen as their rightful place at the top.
If they're not winning it's seen as a departure from the natural order of things.
They were bang average for years before the 90s so I don't really get it.

At the end of the day, like everyone has been saying to me on here whenever I get het up over them.... "there's no need to, they're irrelevant".

No matter what their results, no matter how many times they annoy us, they will always be a glorified mid table team scraping lucky wins and top 4 finishes, only to embarrass themselves at home and abroad come the season end.

No matter what they try, they will always be a fallen giant with the history of the biggest bully in football management always attached to them.

This about Garnacho is hilarious

This is what I've always said about Garnacho and all the many other united "wonder kids" who supposedly look like world beaters when they first come on to the scene... any youngster with a bit of pace and confidence can look half decent when they come on late in the game with no instructions or requirement to play as part of a system but to simply do whatever they feel like, ie run and shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.