United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dave Brailsford thing. I’m into the cycling so I’ve a bit of interest in how this is going to pan out. Even though I really really want this to be another chapter of clusterfuckery because it’s the rags, my more analytical self thinks this will be a complete clusterfuck.

The power dynamic between a cycling team DS (manager) and the riders is very different to the football. Outside a small number of star riders, most of the team are essentially disposable and will be thankful just to have a contract, even at the World Tour level. In other words, a very different situation to even an average Prem player.

SirDave has always been a master of image management with all the marginal gains guff, but the shine has definitely come off in recent years and it’s not just about the doping allegations. You’d struggle to find an ex-rider who’s had dealings with him with a decent word to say. The impression is that he’s a cold, arrogant egotist who’s used to getting his own way. He likes his favourites and anyone else is just frozen out or thrown under a bus.

He’ll go down like a Uranium dog egg in the Old Toilet dressing room. It‘s not like they‘re a functional team anyway, but having someone around with PEG-levels of toxicity and zero knowledge of football who’ll be lording it over the rest of the management team will tear them to bits. And unlike their parade of managers post-GPC, he’ll be there to stay.

Great, isn’t it?
I'm also a cycling fan and agree with much of this.

My gut feeling to be honest is that he's going in as a favour to Ratcliffe and Brailsford's demands will be so exacting that he'll quickly realise what an absolute disaster zone the club is and just walk out and tell them to fuck off after 6-9 months.

Objectively it would make sense for them to maybe hire him as an occasional consultant or something to do workshops and training on leadership, but having him on staff actually managing the sporting side seems totally mental to me.

My gut feeling to be honest is that he's going in as a favour to Ratcliffe and Brailsford's demands will be so exacting that he'll quickly realise what an absolute disaster zone the club is and just walk out and tell them to fuck off after 6-9 months.

Objectively it would make sense for them to maybe hire him as an occasional consultant or something to do workshops and training on leadership, but having him on staff actually managing the sporting side seems totally mental to me.
yeah joel but you also get 1 billion in back pocket to ease the blow
then say to chelsea jim here's a billion you now match it and we'll build stadium

So what they'll basically have is a group of selfish individuals playing only for themselves,with no understanding of teamwork (no change there),but they'll have the capability if they can be arsed to run like fuck for 90 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.