United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is this almost like a funeral, instead of everyone trying to offer advice on how to fix the rags why are the media not just saying they are shit?

Newcastle did well, not much being said about that, it's all about how unfortunately poor the rags were.

read these pages, after the initial laughing,people start posting what they should do to improve it,its bizarre

Perfectly put. That’s the thing for me too. I grew up supporting us in the shadow of those cunts and going through season after season of shit football, shit players, shit chairmen and shit managers all while getting the piss taken out of me by entitled rag following cunts (ironically one of which is now a season ticket holder at our place, the glory hunting ****). I’ve been there, seen it and done it throughout our lowest years and if this wealth and Pep fucked off tomorrow and we were back in the doldrums of yesteryear MANCHESTER CITY FC will still be my MANCHESTER CITY FC and nothing will ever ever change that.
Completely agree with all this, those of who lived through the rags glory years know the pain and we took it with good humour, we werent bitter and we laughed at ourselves as much as others did because what else were we supposed to do, how many of us each year said im never buying a season ticket again cos im not putting myself through this shit again, only to dutifully buy one cos this year we might be good and then we won the lottery and we got good and i said after the 93:20 if we never won the league again it wouldnt matter because i had seen that and everything else was just the icing on top of a glorious cake.

the forum is a disgrace when we lose or draw
Matchday forum? Fuck that! I'd feel suicidal if I spent any quality time on that place during a game ("Oh, we're fucking useless: we're going to lose 0-6." "Fucking Haaland, can he do anything right?" "Pep out, Pep out." etc). I'm assuming the majority of them are wummers, but even so, some of our own can be fucking depressing at times.

Completely agree with all this, those of who lived through the rags glory years know the pain and we took it with good humour, we werent bitter and we laughed at ourselves as much as others did because what else were we supposed to do, how many of us each year said im never buying a season ticket again cos im not putting myself through this shit again, only to dutifully buy one cos this year we might be good and then we won the lottery and we got good and i said after the 93:20 if we never won the league again it wouldnt matter because i had seen that and everything else was just the icing on top of a glorious cake.
100% mate, after the 93:20 I didn't give a toss if we ever won another thing yet another 16 trophies later (not counted Charity Shield) I can not comprehend what has happened and still keep pinching myself.

not a chance, some of the slapped arses on here will go the way of united fans,and some already have, the forum is a disgrace when we lose or draw

When we were in our dark period the internet wasn't around, or at least it wasn't like it is today. If it was we'd have had our fair share of slapped arses back then. I remember at Maine Road the whole crowd singing what the fuck is going on and you're not fit to wear the shirt. We had the pitch invasions against Luton and Spurs and the lad ripping his season ticket up on the pitch against Bury. At other times we almost became numb to it all in our acceptance that this was our destiny, while hoping by some miracle we'd improve. Thank God we did.

Now a generation are growing up raised on success. If they were five in 2011 when we won our first trophy for 35 years they will be 17 now. We must have won as many trophies or more as their years on earth. We'll see how they cope if we have some barren years, that will be the real test.

A forum is a place to rant and get stuff off your chest so I wouldn't take it as an indication that a lot of our fanbase are like the rags when we lose or draw, it's just people venting. At the games the support remains pretty humorous and solid if we do.

not a chance, some of the slapped arses on here will go the way of united fans,and some already have, the forum is a disgrace when we lose or draw

I think this place has calmed down a lot because of last season.

2018-2021 were awful because people were living like we were perpetually in a 1 point race with Liverpool and any dropped points meant losing the title to them.

I think the treble, Haaland, and knowing that we're into Pep's last year or two has made people relax and just enjoy the football on the pitch a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.