United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I think it’s got to peak humour I start thinking of what it will be like when they start battling relegation. There’ll be so many zebra pants on show, Trafford will soon resemble the Serengeti.
And all played out in the internet/ social media era..it'll make it much more painful;))

If history teaches us anything, when our time comes, which it will, hopefully not as apocalyptic, then we should take it with the grace of a good proportion of blues who have lived it already, this is what will always separate us from that vermin; know thy self…. Yes we won the lottery, yes we are fortunate beyond belief, however coming from the shit stained public WC had one thing that they never had as a fanbase, humility

Fuck them and their self righteous arrogance, at least the dippers remained relevant; a generation of entitlement brainwashed the cunts; if it all goes tits up for me tomorrow I'm happy in the knowledge I’ve loved every breath and never taken it for granted….
Perfectly put. That’s the thing for me too. I grew up supporting us in the shadow of those cunts and going through season after season of shit football, shit players, shit chairmen and shit managers all while getting the piss taken out of me by entitled rag following cunts (ironically one of which is now a season ticket holder at our place, the glory hunting ****). I’ve been there, seen it and done it throughout our lowest years and if this wealth and Pep fucked off tomorrow and we were back in the doldrums of yesteryear MANCHESTER CITY FC will still be my MANCHESTER CITY FC and nothing will ever ever change that.

If history teaches us anything, when our time comes, which it will, hopefully not as apocalyptic, then we should take it with the grace of a good proportion of blues who have lived it already, this is what will always separate us from that vermin; know thy self…. Yes we won the lottery, yes we are fortunate beyond belief, however coming from the shit stained public WC had one thing that they never had as a fanbase, humility

Fuck them and their self righteous arrogance, at least the dippers remained relevant; a generation of entitlement brainwashed the cunts; if it all goes tits up for me tomorrow I'm happy in the knowledge I’ve loved every breath and never taken it for granted….
Expectation is a big thing for me in why they are suffering so much when they are relatively not bad. When we were actual shit we seemed to accept our fate and make light of it and many enjoyed those times as a blue - some possibly more than ever. But can we manage our expectations when we loose this success? Can't see many of our younger fans being happy with even a mid table season. Success destroys expectations of fans! Especially when decline happens so gradually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.