United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't because they can't. They couldn't shift Maguire in the summer so how will they get rid of Rashford, Fernandez, Casimiro Mount and all the other vastly overpaid players on long contracts ?
Yep, the money men are actually feeling successful. A £700M club worth £6B now in just 20 years is good business, and it’s provided (& will continue to provide) a good income. Ripping it up now would be commercial suicide akin to Ratners. Any other business would set up a sister company and invest in that as a future investment vehicle, but it’s not that easy with a sport club.

Remember their arrogance in the Fergie days saying they were loyal to their managers and never called for change or them to be sacked, unlike City fans. They said you should keep your managers and be supportive, easy to say when you kept winning.

Rags need to sell the aging stars. Go back to basics, start with a young progressive manager and get a young team on the pitch and mould them into how the club wants them to play.

It’s really not that difficult. Swallow the pride and restart the club.

They won’t and we will continue to enjoy their demise. Rag cunts.
There is so much to do before that can happen, I believe.

Just seen the highlights from last night. That Hannibal has the potential to be the funniest ever PL player.
At least he shows a bit of effort though with his barging and shoving. Nowhere near the ball of course so the fans will love him.
I watched the whole match because I knew I would be in for a treat. Hannibal stood out. I honestly believe he gave the worst display I have ever seen by a midfield player at any level. No idea of where to run, or to control the ball, or pass it cleanly, and no awareness of the rest of the pitch. To call him a headless chicken would be an insult to headless chickens. Happy days.

Well that’s what happens when you try lording it over every other team for 20 years, they don’t forget. Win with a bit of humility and grace and you’ll gain some respect. They never did that hence where we are now.
Be careful who you piss off on your way to the top because as sure as eggs are eggs you'll be seeing them again on your way back down.....

Never before has there been a more appropriate phrase.

They won't because they can't. They couldn't shift Maguire in the summer so how will they get rid of Rashford, Fernandez, Casimiro Mount and all the other vastly overpaid players on long contracts ?
Always a way. Loan them out, release the players from contracts. Sell for big discounts.

All of the above will leave them financially in the shit short term but if they accept the situation has gotten out of control?

I always feel a club can challenge for honours if they can somehow manage to recruit 7/8 good players. You can see why they are calling out for a DOF.

Accept you are shit, over the next 2 windows try to get rid of as many players as possible. Promote youth and buy potential to suit the new model and accept any league position.

They won’t because they are Manchester United. It’s great viewing for any rag hater tho so I hope they do nothing but carry on in this current state. As many other have mentioned, their rotten club and their rotten fans have behaved like proper cunts to all clubs in the 90s.

Well it’s not the 90’s now fuckers -:)

I'm surprised that Shay Given didn't push the Newcastle did extremely well and outplayed them in every area narrative. The opportunity was there.

Instead he came out with the same old shit that the muppet rag followers love to hear like if you play for Man Utd you have to step up. As if you don't for clubs like Newcastle etc.

For someone who played at Newcastle for over a decade and had a fairly decent stint with us, he should have stuck the boot in regarding this bollocks about them somehow being different to other fantastic football clubs in the country.
As usual the narrative was all about United and little credit given to a much-weakened Newcastle side. It is amazing how much coverage of football is produced through a filter of Manchester United. I hope Newcastle continue to improve and, like City, leave United far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.