United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power dynamic between a cycling team DS (manager) and the riders is very different to the football. Outside a small number of star riders, most of the team are essentially disposable and will be thankful just to have a contract, even at the World Tour level. In other words, a very different situation to even an average Prem player.I'd say most of those useless fuckers are lucky to have a contract and should be thankful. So not so different really
I'd say most of those useless fuckers are lucky to have contracts and should be thankful. So not much different really.

Fucking hell please let this be true!!!!
We’ll have to start a SOGP thread the instant he starts if so
He's a decent manager to be fair. His Brighton team always gave a good go at the Etihad.

But I doubt he can stop the rag ship from sinking further with the ammount of deadwood they have in their current team.

Regarding the narrative spouted by the pundits after match it's all about editorial control. Sky TNT, Talkshite etc. make a lot of money by keeping the rags as the headline, bigging up City and Newcastle doesn't work for them. You'll never know what they really think.
I hated Martin Tyler as a commentator when he was working for Sky but when he's working for the overseas broadcasters he's fine. Maybe the reason why he left Sky was he finally wanted to be his own man, because he's still out there working.

Premier league net spend since Ten Hag took over.
1, Chelsea £692m
2. Scum £332m
3. Arse £275m
4 Newcastle £254m
5. Spuds £228m
6. Forest £203m
7. Bournemouth £182m
8. West Ham £294m
9. Liverpool £135m
10 Brentford £93m
11. Villa £84m
12. Palace £72m
13. City £63m
14 Fulham £55m
15. Wolves £40m
16. Everton £36m profit
17. Brighton £166m profit
Look at Chelsea WTF !!

giphy.gif

I think this place has calmed down a lot because of last season.

2018-2021 were awful because people were living like we were perpetually in a 1 point race with Liverpool and any dropped points meant losing the title to them.

I think the treble, Haaland, and knowing that we're into Pep's last year or two has made people relax and just enjoy the football on the pitch a bit more.
did you read the transfer forum in the summer ?, atrocious, and that was just trying to improve the squad, the entitlement has shot through the roof , you could be right about the results though, let me just check the post match threads v wolves and arsenal , every player is shit and pep has lost his hunger and has been found out

That’s incredibly harsh on Chapman. He’s always been the consummately professional anchor as well as losing his wife to cancer in her 40s.
To be fair, I've not noticed much bias or smugness from Chapman since he's been doing MOTD. He comes across an alright bloke in my opinion.

They`re sinking, but there`s still a fair way to go yet. Our lowest point for me was fans fighting amongst ourselves and trying to get at the players at Blackburn in the cup (2007ish). If there`s no win in their next 2 games of Fulham (a) and Copenhagen (a) they`re going have to beef up their security for Luton at home. How poignant would it be to see a badly dressed Luton manager skip across the pitch at the final whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.