United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of all the mocking songs we’ve sung towards them in recent years, ‘old trafford is falling down’ must sting the most, because it speaks of chronic and irreversible decline (and is rooted in reality), rather than short term superiority (which can be reversed).

Whatever pleasure any of them derived from our previous misfortune, cannot even begin to compare with how good this feels.
Especially when fans of other clubs are singing it in equal jest! :D

Its what you get when you are spoon fed by pundits and journalists about how good, big , and brilliant they are as football club, when in actual fact they've gone back to being as average as they were before Ferguson turned up, they talk about the class of 92 like it was only ten years ago and not thirty.
Putting that timeline in context, that the same gap in time between our title win in ‘68 and our relegation to the third tier.

Putting that timeline in context, that the same gap in time between our title win in ‘68 and our relegation to the third tier.
What is even more galling -is that its okay for them to be mismanaged with crap owners and shite managers for a decade but doesn't get compared to the two decades of an absolute shambles our club was under Swales and subsequent owners. We went from being a genuine big 4 club in the 1970's to the laughing stock of football in the mid 90's. They should learn to be a little bit more humble the jumped up mother fuckers.

img2.gif

Stahp... the possibilities are too enticing to imagine.

Especially when fans of other clubs are singing it in equal jest! :D

Thought exactly the same when I heard the Geordies had been singing it! That must seriously add salt to the wound!

One thing that the media in this country never got, and media abroad certainly never get (nor do football fans in other European countries, in my experience), is how much United were intensely disliked by fans of virtually all other Premier League clubs (and not few in the Championship) by the end of their hegemony.
For all I know, we could arrive at the same point in the future, as being heartily detested by all and sundry. But I don't quite think so — at least, not to that point — because the media have not been ramming City down people's throats for years as some kind of model as to how a club should be run, and how football should be played. The ‘United ideology’, which amounted to a form of propaganda, was something to behold.
Could you for one second imagine Pep — or Pellegrini before him, or Mancini before him— dismissing Newcastle as a “little club”, even in the name of mind games? They made a rod for their own back.

Remember when they boasted about this new stadium? Now they can't even fix the leaks in the tin can they call how :)

ScreenShot Tool -20231102145014.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.