United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you even count van Persie in that bracket? Played well for a season and won them the title, but then reverted to his usual crocked self. 26 league goals in his first season, then only 22 in the following two combined.

There's a reasonable argument that the last great transfer window was the 05/06 window when they brought in Vidic, Evra, van der Sar and Park. Since then, you could only point to Carrick (06/07), De Gea (11/12) and Shaw (14/15) as players that have had a long-term role in the first team at a fairly high level.
When did they sign Phil the face?

Ten Hag's current state ...
tacx6g.jpg
Looks more like “the rat” captain of the sinking ship!

Sky News say that sport is disappointing at the moment because of what’s happening at United. Do they not understand that we’re not all Rag fans, I personally find great joy in their current predicament.

Also backed up by Rooney who tells them that it’s the players who must take responsibility, without any irony of losing every game since arriving at Birmingham and dropping from 6th to 14th in the league. I’d say that’s an instant reaction to a shit manager being appointed.

Manchester United want to recruit another striker to support Denmark's Rasmus Hojlund as concerns grow over the development over the 20-year-old. (Mail)

Manchester United want to recruit another striker to support Denmark's Rasmus Hojlund as the 20-year-old is fooking shite. (Mail)

Looks more like “the rat” captain of the sinking ship!
Quite fitting - he would jolly around granting what he thought were the wishes the owners desired - only for something to be misunderstood or lost in translation between now and the 13th century - and then everything would proceed to unravel into a catastrophe…

One for the FOCs…

Here's a question. It's a grisly thought, but let that pass. It's just an alternate universe question.
Could Pep — even Pep — turn it round for them, assuming that the Glazers were still at the helm?
I actually have my doubts. And he's the greatest.
I don't think he can turn them around, but he'd probably at least get them playing some decent looking football. He got the likes of Delph and Kolarov playing good football.

That said, he'd be frustrated with some the United players IMO. If he thought Foden wasn't calm enough on the ball, imagine if he had Fernandes.

But knowing Pep, with Glazers at the helm, he'd leave within 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.