United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how you can be an ex fan, its impossible. As a FOC I always have been a fan, never turned my back on my club, its impossible City are in my blood.
Never trust anyone who says they are an ex fan or change clubs. Especially some 2hat on the Internet posting on a fans forum

Unfortunately, I can see them scraping a win today. Fulham are a bit "meh"; too good to go down, but how many decent results do they pull out of the hat against "big" clubs? Plus, it'll be like a home game for Trafford's finest. Mind you;after the past week, that may be more of a curse than a blessing!
And yes; you can say that there's an argument to be had as to utd being a big club nowadays.
There lies the problem for them.

If this were any other club in the league (with the possible exception of Liverpool) then it would be regarded as the natural progression of things. Football is cyclical and what goes up must come down.

The press and the broadcasting media think the rags are immune to this and are often bewildered by it.

I said to a couple of rags at work that their club could well be reduced to ambassadorial status only within the premier league.

One of them said "what like becoming a museum"?

You could see the horror on their faces as the penny finally dropped.

I think we now are in a totally different era where clickbait media is the thing rather than sports journalism.
These hacks just churn out low grade rag and Liverpool dross on free platforms purely for hits .
This generates a false impression of those club’s relevance imo .
Exactly and most of the clickbait articles aren't really aimed at getting views, clicks, subs and likes from UK readers, it's all aimed at the armchair supporters throughout South East Asia for the advertising revenue that can be generated from that market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.