United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful ? I wouldnt say awful.

Tony cunningham was awful. Robert hopkins was awful. Bernardo corradi was awful.
Phillips isnt awful. He may be a big step down from rodders, but he looks ‘ok’ when he comes on and he looks ok for england.

But awful? No. It was just a weird buy that hasnt come off for all concerned
Phillips biggest downfall is that he isnt rodri, thats not his fault, its like getting out of a ferrari and into a mini, a mini isnt an inherently bad car but its not a ferrari is it

In the bedlam that was the aftermath of that first goal, my glasses were slightly bent, though not so badly that I couldn’t use them for the rest of the game.

I took them to Specsavers on the Monday, and they straightened them free of charge.
What a wonderful heart warming story. Restores your faith in the goodness of humanity.

Not wishing to join in the pile on McLiar but............ How does he get away with his antics whilst defending? He has more grapple holds than Mick McMannus. Next time you see him play (I use that term very loosely) keep an eye on what he does off the ball.
Mick McManus? Hi there youngster. ;-)

Not wishing to join in the pile on McLiar but............ How does he get away with his antics whilst defending? He has more grapple holds than Mick McMannus. Next time you see him play (I use that term very loosely) keep an eye on what he does off the ball.
Exactly.

I've said that previously, I've never seen a central defender before so blatantly grapple and wrestle with opposition forwards.

As for you asking how he gets away with it... do you really need that explaining to you?!

Phillips biggest downfall is that he isnt rodri, thats not his fault, its like getting out of a ferrari and into a mini, a mini isnt an inherently bad car but its not a ferrari is it
Yep. Phillips will go somewhere like maybe villa, or west ham, that sort of level, and be absolutely fine.

For a city fan to describe him as ‘awful’ is silly

Yep. Phillips will go somewhere like maybe villa, or west ham, that sort of level, and be absolutely fine.

For a city fan to describe him as ‘awful’ is silly
In his contribution to us as a club has he been:

a) cheerfully brilliant
b) cheerfully bang average
c) cheerfully awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.