United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a tracker going for a few years and it brings a smile every time I notice it.

Trophies City v rags since …
Guardiola: 11 v 3 - domination
Fergie left: 14 v 4 - not in my lifetime
Our 2011 FA cup: 15 v 5 - shift of powers
This century: 16 v 16 - history

You can not overstate the importance of that fa cup win.

Since 2000 we’re on par, despite
- the first 10 years yielding nothing for us
- them having 13 years of fergie v 7 years of pep

10 more years of this and there truly will be a gap. Long may it continue and long may they suffer for it

First job today , a red i kinda know. He went straight into “glazers fault” spiel. I said theyve spent a billion £ on players what more do you want? Spend £2b?

There was a pause before he replied , yes.

And that's the crux isnt it. They loved it when they outspent everyone, stole all their rivals best players, were the big boys, had a shitty knickered bully in charge and gill bullying the fa.

Ah well.

Funny ;)
(There is no value in this bet btw, true odds are about 3.80 just in case you were thinking of taking it).
yoonited.jpg

First job today , a red i kinda know. He went straight into “glazers fault” spiel. I said theyve spent a billion £ on players what more do you want? Spend £2b?

There was a pause before he replied , yes.

And that's the crux isnt it. They loved it when they outspent everyone, stole all their rivals best players, were the big boys, had a shitty knickered bully in charge and gill bullying the fa.

Ah well.
It is the Glazers fault, not for the money spent but for the way they run the club.
They have outspent us in the last 5 years but we have the right people in the right jobs doing the right things-that's the difference.

In that Bournemouth thrashing the other day, he was clearly there for a tap in if that Dalot squared it, but instead he ended up smashing it into the side netting from a daft angle.
That post match analysis from MOTD was a crock of $hit.

The Bournemouth defender was sliding in at full pelt, if Dabalot had tried to cut the pass back to a free Rasmus Toilet, the ball would have been easily blocked.

It reminds me of the analysis of the Villa 1-0 goal against Arsenal in the same weekend.

Declan Lice was clearly checking over his shoulder many times at McGinn near the box, then abandoned him and got sucked into challenging Leon Bailey. Leaving McGinn free in the box to score the eventual winner.

MOTD didn't even highlight that Declan Lice was clearly to blame for leaving his marker, yet were quick to highlight Dabalot for not passing the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.