United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, there will be. There will be. The fact that the rags are not playing has never stopped the commentators from continuously squeezing them into the dialogue.
Remember that cnut Tyler? It wouldn't matter what game he was commentating on, a couple of non-leaguers in an early FA Cup game and Tyler would be mentioning the rags within 30 seconds of his commentary starting. And throughout the rest of the game he would bring some totally fucking useless piece of trivia in just to mention them ("I have it on good authority that David deGea likes crisp-sarnies." Or "Did you know that no team with the letter 'D' in their name has beaten the rags by more than a single goal since Easter 2016?"

Televised football in this country that doesn't make glowing references to them every couple of minutes doesn't exist.
They'll double down on City criticism to take the focus off the shambles that is man united.

Jesus, I didn't know the draw had been made for the 3rd Round! Let me guess, they're on the BBC?
Correct , the BBC , independent public funded national broadcaster who give every team in the country a fair crack of the whip , you wouldnt see them showing the same club in every round of the FA Cup , or deleting every negative comment about the Rags and Dipers on the HYS comments on articles.
Ive already defunded the BBC i havent paid for a licence for 20 years if everybody did the same it would perhaps have to earn its money by providing a subscription service , at least the Rags & Dippers would then have to pay for the brown nosing they recieve.

To be fair to him, he seems to do well enough for Denmark, so he's probably not as shit as his club team are making him look.

They create almost nothing for him anyway and he already looks pissed off about being there. Even at times they could clearly play him in, they're too useless to do it.

The problem is that stupid journalists and rags compared him to Haaland, a comparison nobody can live up to, so you're on a hiding to nothing anyway, then drop that player into a team that create nothing and this is what happens.

I suspect if you put him into a team that creates chances, he would be half decent. Probably not worth the price he was though.

He's about the only rag player I don't find to be completely unlikeable and he looks fed up already with how shit they are.

I think he's a decent enough player in the right team like you say. Upamecano just grabbed hold of him and didn't let him move last night. Seen a fair amount of defending like that on Haaland - Rudiger last year and the Inter defenders in the final as well. The refs seem fine to let them just grab hold and grapple and see it as a fair battle. But it allows defenders to just keep the striker in front of them and stop them turning them so it should be punished more in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.