United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Glazers may know fuck all about football but I wish I was as "stupid" as them in a business sense, sitting on a clear $6bn+ profit - including the dividends already taken - if they want to sell the whole lot at the price Ratcliffe is paying.
If Ratcliffe is intent on full control the only US shareholders worth working on are the ones holding 51% of the voting rights, the Glazers.
You missed the point. The profit was made by old man Glazer’s investment, not his sons.

I’m still unclear of the strategy you are describing. I assume it’s a hostile takeover of some sort but how is it going to play out?
If it came to the crunch, the US investors would join forces with the two Glazers who want to sell and Ineos. They could outvote the two Glazer directors.

She's got 76 n' half thousand followers, that's as many zombies as Manure get turning up every other week, fuck me senseless with a big bath loofah! By the time she reaches her menopause there'll be millions of zombies following the miserable moaning moo head! I'll hopefully be dead by then though and god willing united will still be as shite or even more shite, please !
Not a fan then?

If it came to the crunch, the US investors would join forces with the two Glazers who want to sell and Ineos. They could outvote the two Glazer directors.

I don’t understand why they’d sell for less than they could sell to the Glazers.

One thing I am certain is that if scruffy jim improves the value they’ll borrow against it.

I don’t understand why they’d sell for less than they could sell to the Glazers.

One thing I am certain is that if scruffy jim improves the value they’ll borrow against it.
Hmmm……maybe but we’re speculating about the Glazers blocking Uncle Jim. Not sure the Glazers could put together the funds to buy others out. More likely the Arabs are sitting there and waiting….
When the Glazer family split that caused the delay in reaching this settlement; for me that is significant, ie two Glazers still want out.

This is true to a point, he has however bought 25% of the voting rights of the club as the A shares, those held by the hoi-poloi have no voting rights and are in effect useless in terms of running the club
It’s complex, but: The A shares are the ones on the NYSE, the B shares are the originals.
The. A shares do have voting rights but not one for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.