United Thread - 2023/24

No shit. But to get a Kane-level striker, you've got to be a Kane-level team.

And how many Kane-level strikers exist really?

You can probably count on one hand the amount of strikers in the world that would as good as guarantee you 25+ goals in the premier league, as long as they stay fit and it's not a flash in the pan good season. In fact, I'd say you might have one or two fingers to spare.

Unless they manage to create one out of thin air, then they're not getting one. They just spend £70m on Hojlund and he has 2 league goals to his name and we are nearly in February.

Last edited:
1705498822601.png

So much bollox typed into one paragraph,I'll just list what sprang out immediately

1. 'Tottenham just behind United in financial terms' - in what parallel world of facts is this from?
2. 'No one benefits more from FFP than Tottenham' - other than City, and a host of other undebt laden well run clubs in the PL.
3. '20 year huge infrastructure projects' - errr, if only i could think of another team that has spent so much time and continues to on infrastructure.
4. 'They go from also-rans' - whatever your opinion on Tottenham, this is just sheer arrogance personified by united (other red shirts are available) fans.
5. 'No way back for City & Chelsea if regulated' - Well, maybe for Chelsea, as they've bet the house on CL football for the next 3 years (unlikely), and are only potentially saved by the Club World cup in 2025. City, we welcome fair unbiased regulation, like a Govt quango, unlike united...
6. '...don't have the fanbase' - ah still living in the 00's, under a Giggs duvet.
7. '...don't have the infrastructure' - clearly hasn't been seeing the City complex arise, the Coop arena, the North stand expansion and facilities. Living on in hope that the scaffold can hold together till the next lot of govt money (again) for a revamp.
8. 'the fans they gained in 20 years will disappear' - on what basis, other than wishful thinking on so many things.
9. 'Neither club has appeal to sponsors' - oh no! actual facts spoil this one as well.
10. 'Then they just average stadium revenues' - yes that's right, the North stand expansion will mean lower revenues as the attendance figure rises to... oh Arsenal's level.
11. 'Liverpool always compete at top' - yes, that's right 'always', except they don't and never have, like every other team. 'Always' is by far the most overused bollox word.
12. 'Traditional post-war clubs come together to restore order' - lol...to continue the stitchup for every other club in the entire English pyramid, maybe. Also why have the cut-off post-war, why not go back and start with the beginnings of the football league. Surely the traditional clubs, like Villa, Sunderland etc deserve better than these upstarts like united, liverpool and promoted by brown envelopes Arsenal

sorry for the rant, but god they really are living in cloud cuckoo land

Last edited:
It gets funnier, and funnier. They are now looking at buying a golf course to use the land from to develop a new training complex. They have already sounded out High Legh Golf Course. They say " the course in Knutsford ticked many boxes, including it`s close proximity to the homes of many of their players". Well one box it ticks is that it`s not in Manchester, and nowhere near their ground.
Smacks of desperation at wanting to be City.
The driving range is excellent and I'm glad they've fucked them off. Sometimes see that streak of piss David Gill there, I can confirm that his golf is as good as his team's football, which is shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.