United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have just re-signed jonny evans
If that doesn't push Maguire out the door, nothing will. He's just been moved to 6th choice. I actually like Jonny Evans. Pep wanted him before he moved to Leicester. He went there because he didn't want to be a back up option, but I think Pep could see that he was a decent defender, especially with the ball at his feet.

I think we saw the capability of Ten Hag's team, post world cup. Where they went on that mad run. Still alive in 4 competition by mid April. But we also saw the lack of depth in the squad. Playing Erikson in the FA cup at home against Reading, where he was assaulted by Andy Carrol, and missed the rest of the season. Erikson should not have been playing in that game. Nor should Casemiro or Rashford. But he didn't trust the bench. So he ran his first 11 into the ground, and after knocking Barcelona out of the Uefa cup and winning the league cup, the team ran out of steam. The team tailed off at the business end of the season. And limped over the line in 3rd.

If this summers transfer window goes as follows.

Mason Mount
Andre Onana
Rasmus Hojlund
Sofyan Amrabat

I think that some of the lack of squad depth is addressed. Mason Mount starts and adds energy with pressing, which leaves Erikson as a back up option for Mount or Bruno. Amrabat can be rotated with Casemiro. Kobbie Mainoo will also be introduced this season. He is similar to Bellingham in that he likes to control the game and drive forward.

Hojlund as main striker with Martial on the bench.

Antony, Sancho and Amad as options on the right

Rashford and Garnacho as options on the left.

Back 4 is decent, with 2 options in each position. Shaw (Malacia) Martinez (Shaw) Varane (Lindelof) Dalot (Wan Bisakka)

A new goalie who is confident and can play out from the back, and play as sweeper.

We will see how it all pans out.

You fuckers are too thick to ever learn.

Last edited:
I think we saw the capability of Ten Hag's team, post world cup. Where they went on that mad run. Still alive in 4 competition by mid April. But we also saw the lack of depth in the squad. Playing Erikson in the FA cup at home against Reading, where he was assaulted by Andy Carrol, and missed the rest of the season. Erikson should not have been playing in that game. Nor should Casemiro or Rashford. But he didn't trust the bench. So he ran his first 11 into the ground, and after knocking Barcelona out of the Uefa cup and winning the league cup, the team ran out of steam. The team tailed off at the business end of the season. And limped over the line in 3rd.

If this summers transfer window goes as follows.

Mason Mount
Andre Onana
Rasmus Hojlund
Sofyan Amrabat

I think that some of the lack of squad depth is addressed. Mason Mount starts and adds energy with pressing, which leaves Erikson as a back up option for Mount or Bruno. Amrabat can be rotated with Casemiro. Kobbie Mainoo will also be introduced this season. He is similar to Bellingham in that he likes to control the game and drive forward.

Hojlund as main striker with Martial on the bench.

Antony, Sancho and Amad as options on the right

Rashford and Garnacho as options on the left.

Back 4 is decent, with 2 options in each position. Shaw (Malacia) Martinez (Shaw) Varane (Lindelof) Dalot (Wan Bisakka)

A new goalie who is confident and can play out from the back, and play as sweeper.

We will see how it all pans out.
I presume this is a spoof post.

Too early for any predictions, because without a number 9 to put the ball in the net, there is still a huge missing piece in the jigsaw. Need at least 25+ goals from somewhere, to even be considered title contenders. But you can see the pieces starting to fall into place.
Yeah but you need a decent jigsaw to start with.
You've just signed JFE. And you're thinking you can see pieces starting to fall into place?

No way will you have the season like you had last season and Goofy made captain is a disaster waiting to happen.

But we have to read the press rolling the red turd in glitter every pre season, every player you sign is the best in Europe, so boring and predictable.
Look at Onana. Already he's the second coming, a unique keeper by all accounts. Yeah, that unique that inter got him on a free last season and have just had your pants down for nearly 50m but has anyone in the press mentioned that?

Good luck with your jigsaw.

Both full backs are better higher up the pitch than defending (Dalot and Shaw) Martinez is almost a CDM and has played there for Ajax. Varane to mop up with his pace. I think they are geared up for this. And if he plays Mount and Fernandes as two number 8's with Casemiro holding, it is essentially matching your midfield of last season with De Bruyne and Gundowan as 8's and Rodri holding.
Matching City's midfield just without De Bruyne, Gundogun and Rodri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.