United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan's had bad injuries at United and was in and out of the team. Never really had a proper long run at it. He went out to West Brom, where he did the hard yards, learned his trade amicably as a solid, ball playing defender. He stats back this up. Pep Guardiola tried to sign him for City in 2017 & 2019 but he stayed at Leicester where he was guaranteed first team football.

Bringing him in as 5th choice center back is a masterstroke, because he is the consummate professional and he wasn't exactly on the scrap heap, he was being relegated from the PL last season, and he is still Northern Ireland captain. If our youngsters cannot learn from someone who has played 500 professional games then we are in the wrong business. Oh, and he is free.
Amended for accuracy.

And your kids are learning by playing alongside Tom Huddlestone. Another masterstroke, how old is he again?

I dunno, after winning the treble, will the hunger be there next season? Or will there be a drop off? Gundogan will be a big miss, because he often gave De Bruyne a night off, which kept him fresh for the business end of the season. It also looks like Mahrez might go and Kyle Walker. Mahrez was a great option from the bench. Always seemed to score important goals in big games, and Walker is the insurance policy at the back, sweeping up any potential threats. He'll also be a big miss. All big characters with bags of experience, lots of quality going out of the squad. Who knows?

You are currently sitting on the top of a hill, looking down at the others climbing up. Some people enjoy the climb, some people enjoy the view from the top.
I always thought Joe Hart, Leroy Sane, Pablo, Vincent, Yaya, David Siiva, Kun Aguerro might be missed, but what do I know?

Will Fish in defence for the Rags. Is he related to Billy the Fish!

Thought the comma was there by accident and it was meant to say "Alvaro Martinez will fish". Seemed a bit irrelevant, but no more so than some no mark who was at Hibs last season.

The red **** was pretending to be a blue for months on end before tonight. Obvious he wasnt though. Fucker should be banned for that regardless.
I really wouldn't want him banned, he's really only insulted us once and @Vienna_70 addressed that. Besides, he really is harmless and is fun to toy with.

5th choice? Are you counting Luke Shaw as a centre back? I know he's played there a bit.

I can only think of Martinez, Varane and Lindelof (if Maguire ends up leaving as expected).
Varane and Linderlof play shite regularly so Evans has every chance....who's this fucker trying to kid lol

5th choice? Are you counting Luke Shaw as a centre back? I know he's played there a bit.

I can only think of Martinez, Varane and Lindelof (if Maguire ends up leaving as expected).
Yes, Luke Shaw is 3rd choice, left sided center back. Malacia can cover him at left full back. If Martinez is injured, they will play him ahead of Evans. And if Varane is injured, they will play Lindelof. He will be 5th choice if Maguire goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.