United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which day of the week will we get the Rag sponsored Anti City puff piece.
Wonder how many there will be and what the content will be?
Perfect response annihilation on Sunday please.
Erling is off to Réal Madrid in the summer.
Jack is unhappy that he isn’t starting more games.
Manu is accusing City supporters of racially abusing him online.
Mateo and Matheus are struggling to learn Pep's system.
Rodri needs/wants more rest.
John feels he is being rushed back from his injuries

Take your pick.

Retrospective red cards were commonplace before VAR. Are you Clarkieing me here?
You're still missing my point mate. Retrospective red cards have been issued for years but only when the ref has missed (or claimed to have missed) an incident and the player wasn't carded at the time. Aguero, Balotelli and Adebayor all spring to mind.

The Thatcher incident was, as far as I'm aware, the only case where a yellow card was issued during the game but was retrospectively changed to a red by the PL/FA a couple of days later. Horrible though the incident was and deserving of a red card, the PL/FA broke their own rule of not retrospectively changing a yellow to a red because they always said in such a case the referee had seen the incident and dealt with it on the field (with a yellow card).

You're still missing my point mate. Retrospective red cards have been issued for years but only when the ref has missed (or claimed to have missed) an incident and the player wasn't carded at the time. Aguero, Balotelli and Adebayor all spring to mind.

The Thatcher incident was, as far as I'm aware, the only case where a yellow card was issued during the game but was retrospectively changed to a red by the PL/FA a couple of days later. Horrible though the incident was and deserving of a red card, the PL/FA broke their own rule of not retrospectively changing a yellow to a red because they always said in such a case the referee had seen the incident and dealt with it on the field (with a yellow card).
Was Aguero booked for the “elbow” or something else? If it was something else in that challenge, then it could still be looked at retrospectively, just as Thatcher’s was.

It doesn’t break the rules, it was just far less common than without a booking on field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.