United Thread - 2023/24

I don’t see why.

If his contract with Newcastle runs until then, I would think they are perfectly within their rights to demand those terms.

Yeah that isn't really how things work.

How long is garden leave in the UK?

There is not set period of length for garden leave, but it could be part of your contract. The longer the period of proposed garden leave, the less likely a court is to enforce it in full. For example, where there is a two-year notice period, it is unlikely that an employer would be able to serve notice and place the employee on garden leave for the whole of that notice period.

There is recognition that businesses can protect themselves to a certain extent but not excessively. They have basically set out their stall that they want to use gardening leave to enforce it as if it's a non-compete clause.

By the summer of next year all Ashworth's work towards and knowledge of Newcastle transfer targets will be useless. Therefore it's not protection it's just non-compete.

"even where non-compete clauses are found in employment contracts, they may not necessarily be enforceable, unless a court considers that the non-compete clause is to protect a “legitimate business interest” and is no wider than reasonably necessary."

Let's imagine it was a non-compete clause.

Therefore it would be wider than reasonably necessary.

Saw a very recent talk sport article...It read ;

" Kobbie Mainoo has been nothing short of sensational since breaking into the Manchester utd team "

I haven't seen enough of utds matches to comment tbh, but judging by many posters on here ,and highlights of their matches and general results..I'd be stunned if this comment was true.

Is this player worthy of his England euros call up ,or just another over hyped utd player.?

Fucking embarrassing, not fit to lace Rico’s boots.

A period of gardening leave that goes through three transfer windows. It's likely to be unenforceable due to being unnecessarily restrictive.

I agree but how long would it take to fight it? Would they need to go to court? You’d expect they’d be encouraged to settle which I’d imagine would cost the Rags more than they want to pay but would be sooner than Newcastle would like to release him.

Yeah that isn't really how things work.

How long is garden leave in the UK?

There is not set period of length for garden leave, but it could be part of your contract. The longer the period of proposed garden leave, the less likely a court is to enforce it in full. For example, where there is a two-year notice period, it is unlikely that an employer would be able to serve notice and place the employee on garden leave for the whole of that notice period.

There is recognition that businesses can protect themselves to a certain extent but not excessively. They have basically set out their stall that they want to use gardening leave to enforce it as if it's a non-compete clause.

By the summer of next year all Ashworth's work towards and knowledge of Newcastle transfer targets will be useless. Therefore it's not protection it's just non-compete.

"even where non-compete clauses are found in employment contracts, they may not necessarily be enforceable, unless a court considers that the non-compete clause is to protect a “legitimate business interest” and is no wider than reasonably necessary."

Let's imagine it was a non-compete clause.

Therefore it would be wider than reasonably necessary.

Who on here cares, really? It's just funny seeing the tossers getting some back.

I remember the last Ipswich manager that the pundits and writers thought could walk on water, they even gave him Manager of the year in 2001 for getting Ipswich into 5th place. However, his "Emperor's new clothes" fell off the following season when they were relegated.

Same here me thinks. He rode the crest of the wave and will get buried at Utd under their "player power" regime!
I remember an Ipswich manager turning them down because he knew that the England job was calling. Bobby Robson. (Lawrie ‘I haven’t got a clue Graham’ McMenemy did too)
Now fingers crossed it could be the England manager who’s going there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.