United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
£52 million on an unproven 18 year old defender with 1 year left on his contract is utter madness. If "the lure of man united" is as real as the deluded fuckwits believe it is, let him run down his contract and sign him for free next season. It's not as if united are going to be relevant next season with or without him anyway.

They've paid double his value because they know they cannot attract players anymore.

2 brilliant signings from them so far, and Ugarte on the way next. Still Ten Bob as manager, but cant deny they arent fucking about this window
Lol just like all their brilliant signings over the last 10 years, they certainly weren't fucking about when they signed Di Maria, Sancho, Van De Beek, Casemiro, Hojlund...etc.

Aren’t they paying there fees in instalments?

The sort of action you’d expect from a promoted team.

I asked that question in the FFP thread, How do new signings show on the balance sheets ? Do they have to put the full amount on the annual figures or do they show how much they paid on each installments, Did Manchester City pay in full for the transfers because we have the money, Meaning our figures are always high

£52 million on an unproven 18 year old defender with 1 year left on his contract is utter madness. If "the lure of man united" is as real as the deluded fuckwits believe it is, let him run down his contract and sign him for free next season. It's not as if united are going to be relevant next season with or without him anyway.

They've paid double his value because they know they cannot attract players anymore.
More than we paid for Erling, a proven striker, who has carried his goal-scoring record in the Premier League.

I asked that question in the FFP thread, How do new signings show on the balance sheets ? Do they have to put the full amount on the annual figures or do they show how much they paid on each installments, Did Manchester City pay in full for the transfers because we have the money, Meaning our figures are always high
I’m no financial expert, but isn’t the fee amortised over the length of the contract?

I’m no financial expert, but isn’t the fee amortised over the length of the contract?

But what if the selling club demand the full amount upfront, Manchester City 100% pay a City Tax on Players we wanted, Like you, I am no financial expert, But City had the money to pay upfront on players and maybe we were not smart enough to put them through the books on 6 to 10 year contracts like Chelsea have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.