United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than we paid for Erling, a proven striker, who has carried his goal-scoring record in the Premier League.
Which makes me think how will the independent experts assess fair market value. If city were to sign this bloke what would his valuation be as we have lots of good defenders. United are short of good defenders so price Inflated? Fair market value is just another made up nonsense. Does any player have a fair/true market value?

The lad could turn out to be very decent and good value,the problem is he won’t get the chance as he’ll be pumped up by the media and the giddy fans straight away especially if he gets game time in a pre season game ,which will heap immediate pressure on the lad ..

I might be showing I am completely out of touch with upcoming footballing talent by admitting to this, but...

...who the hell is he? I've never heard of him.
He is the best centre half in Europe, sliced bread has nothing against this guy plus he was an extra in Boys In The Hood.

Been a Utd fan since birth, got brought up watching Phil Jones and is the only gobshite in the bunch at school.

But what if the selling club demand the full amount upfront, Manchester City 100% pay a City Tax on Players we wanted, Like you, I am no financial expert, But City had the money to pay upfront on players and maybe we were not smart enough to put them through the books on 6 to 10 year contracts like Chelsea have
I can assure you there is nothing smart about the way Chelsea have structured some of their deals, some of the bad signings will haunt them for years to come. Not only the transfer fee but the wages.

So, United have stopped paying over the odds for players since Scruffy Jim bought a minority stake in United. £54mill for an 18 year old says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.