United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen rags on Twitter calling City fans clueless because the rags were formed in Newton Heath, Manchester, while City were formed outside Manchester. I'm sure I've read somewhere that Newton Heath was part of Chadderton at that time, which is Oldham. So who is clueless, is it them or those blues?

Flimsy argument from them when they have not been based in Manchester for over a century.

A fact United fans either don't know or refuse to acknowledge is that the club was founded by a scouser, Frederick Attock. With the club, under Attock, playing in green and gold colours.

In my eyes, the Green & Gold movement is about United fans paying tribute to their Scouse background.

Last edited:
Flimsy argument from them when they have not been based in Manchester for over a century.

A fact United fans either don't know or refuse to acknowledge is that the club was founded by a scouser, Frederick Attock. With club, under Attock playing in green and gold colours.

In my eyes, the Green & Gold movement is about United fans paying tribute to their Scouse background.
Gag...sound like a suitable response.
I may be wrong, but I thought the original colours were green and yellow.

A fact United fans either don't know or refuse to acknowledge is that the club was founded by a scouser, Frederick Attock. With club, under Attock playing in green and gold colours.

Its amazing how many heated rows I have had with cockney rags about them not being in Manchester. They think Greater Manchester is Manchester.
I even had a row in a pub quiz" name the 6 (or 5 cent remember) true derby games ie from the same town or city.
I came up one short ! When he read the answers out he said Manchester derby. I piped up thats wrong utd arent in Manchester. He then said ok make it Greater Manchester lol I said so that means theres another 6 or 7 derbies in the answer, Oldham, bury etc lol.

this is on my phone and I ask them to show were Trafford is on the map lol

manc2002-map.jpg

Its amazing how many heated rows I have had with cockney rags about them not being in Manchester. They think Greater Manchester is Manchester.
I even had a row in a pub quiz" name the 6 (or 5 cent remember) true derby games ie from the same town or city.
I came up one short ! When he read the answers out he said Manchester derby. I piped up thats wrong utd arent in Manchester. He then said ok make it Greater Manchester lol I said so that means theres another 6 or 7 derbies in the answer, Oldham, bury etc lol.

View attachment 88216

Conversations with cockney rags ...................says it all really.

I try to avoid terminally stupid people if at all possible as my life is greatly improved.

View attachment 88216
Good quiz question. If it’s just England then I can think of the Bristol, Sheffield, Nottingham, Birmingham and Scouse derbies. Surely one of the many London ones will count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.