United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best laugh I have had on TV in years was watching "Who do you think you are" with actress Claire Foy .
Her dad is a proper blue and when asked what he feared most turning up in his ancestors history ; he said "that they were United fans".....pmsl
watched that last night. Proper Blue.
Some fascinating local history surrounding the finian riots and court case all played out in the old streets of East Manchester. Probably the best I have seen (although I do have a soft spot for Ms Foy who comes over as utterly delightful).

Bet the glazers loving it all this publicity when there new shirt is revealed and after the protest they’ll all be going in the shop spend there YouTube money
I seem to recall when they invaded their own ground, many had taken advantage of the trip by stocking up from the club shop.
If you’re going to complain/protest, you have to go all in.
It’s a bit like vegetarians saying ‘yeah I dont eat any meat…other than chicken’

As for the size of their ‘biggest’ protest so far… well it was probably on a par with the numbers of their 2011 parade…
Packed out, no room to move, as it’s zero people deep at the deansgate barriers.

The protest social media was awash with approx ‘I’d go… if I lived in UK, but I support you from afar in my new united kit’. Many levels of irony there.

The timing tells you everything about the fan it’s aimed at. Not the local ones, not the loyal season ticket holders. They have to work and earn money to support their club.

It’s purely orchestrated so the leaches can get in front of the camera and do a bit to camera for YouTube, like that Saeed lad. Or kids - as it may be half term. It’s not the ones who invest their time and money in following them.

It’s going to be embarrassing, as it’s a Tuesday at 9.30am whilst everyone is at work. But the few who will be there, will crowd in the back of a bit to camera. And it will get clicks from the gullible abroad fans. And the blogger will reap the benefits.

These protest are all about social media presence
It’s not half term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.