United Thread - 2023/24

I see Alice whatshername has predicted that the rags will win the title. Dream on.
PS is it Abrahams?
Correct. For me, she's up (down?) there with the likes of Howson and Goldbridge in terms of annoyability. Her accent is proper "nails down the blackboard" for me.

And yes; I do realise that she can't help her accent.

But was he ever worth 80 million?
Which brings me to my next point. United constantly fail to get value for money from their signings. Maguire is the latest costing them 50 million for 3 years. Where as we consistently get incredible value, Silva cost 30 million and played for 10 years and Aguero cost similar and also played for 10 years. Yet people believe we have spent more than United-the figures don't add up.
To be fair to him, he didn't set the fee; Leicester did. But, to answer your question, no; of course he wasn't worth that money. It was crazy. To put it into context; little over a year later, we signed Dias for €68m (just over £61m). And that's not counting the money (€15.6m) we got for Otamendi, as part of the deal. It was a stunning bit of business by, presumably, Txiki.

I don’t think many will agree with me, but I think maguire is a good player. It’s United that have ruined him. At Leicester and for England he played well
He looks ok in a 3, as would many other professional players…. An absolute liability in a 2.

I do wonder at times how he would have developed if he had come to us rather than the Rags, I am sure Pep would have done a much better job with him than that rabble have.

Correct. For me, she's up (down?) there with the likes of Howson and Goldbridge in terms of annoyability. Her accent is proper "nails down the blackboard" for me.

And yes; I do realise that she can't help her accent.
Never seen any of these clowns speak a word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.