United Thread - 2023/24

Correct. For me, she's up (down?) there with the likes of Howson and Goldbridge in terms of annoyability. Her accent is proper "nails down the blackboard" for me.

And yes; I do realise that she can't help her accent.
Well no, but she can help that her accent doesn't match her club.

But was he ever worth 80 million?
Which brings me to my next point. United constantly fail to get value for money from their signings. Maguire is the latest costing them 50 million for 3 years. Where as we consistently get incredible value, Silva cost 30 million and played for 10 years and Aguero cost similar and also played for 10 years. Yet people believe we have spent more than United-the figures don't add up.
We also pissed an awful lot of money away under Mancini and Pellers, on signings such as Jovetic, Rodwell and Bony to name just three, but there is a long list
I can't think of any under Pep, although the jury is still out on Phillips

We also pissed an awful lot of money away under Mancini and Pellers, on signings such as Jovetic, Rodwell and Bony to name just three, but there is a long list
We were still growing then; there were bound to be a few mistakes.

And our list of failures pales into insignificance, when compared to the one in Trafford.

It probably helps him that Southgate plays a 7-2-1 formation.
Well yeah, but Southgate is forced to work with what he has, whereas the rags actively choose to buy players that don't fit the system they claim to want to play.

My prediction for this season is that they'll have a few teething problems trying to play out from the back (like we did when we brought Bravo in), and quickly revert to type as a direct counter-attacking long ball team. They basically dream of playing like us but they don't have the players to do it. Rashford, for example, is great when he has a lot of space to run into, but put him against a team defending their own box and he becomes very average. And that's what happens when you play the sort of possession-based football that we do.

There are plenty, but there's a longer list of successful signings. Compare that to the rags, and who are their good signings? Fernandes is the only stand out one I remember in recent years who was immediately good without also being way too old to be a long-term option. Shaw is the only other player where you get the impression that he isn't either a short-term stop gap, or playing purely because they have no other options. Imagine spending over a billion pounds in 10 years (from a starting point of already having the best squad in the league) and arguably having no players who would be in the conversation for being the best in the world in their position.

That's a fair point actually.

How shocking would it be to be a United fan who just woke up from a coma? You'd be looking for the Maguire and Phil Jones statues and wondering how they didn't lead England to a couple WCs to go with their three trebles.

rags fans are in a constant state of coma and are unlikely to ever wake up

they live in a world of ignorant and stupid fucktards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.