United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rags are getting rightly slated for their handling of this. However their mismanagement of Greenwood goes back years. The word was well and truly out in town on his party lifestyle a long time before the ‘alleged’ incident, the company he was keeping, etc. Did Utd bring him into line, no, they gave him a massive long term contract and look where it led. The club and the player deserve each other.

At least Pogba was genuinely good at Juventus for a few years and for his country winning trophies. I actually think moving back to that shit show at United was the end of him. If he had gone to a better club, I think he would have still been performing pretty well.

Greenwood was just a half decent young player but they talk him up like he was some world beater, like that Elanga they thought was some future superstar and now he's not even there.
We will never agree on Pogba. I think he was over-rated and over-hyped from the start. He had a few good matches and spells in matches and looked good on youtube. I don't even think he was outstanding for that great French team. I thought he was carried by better players who had a lower profile like Kante. I admit to being biased because I met him once in Manchester and he was also a total arsehole off the pitch.

The rags are getting rightly slated for their handling of this. However their mismanagement of Greenwood goes back years. The word was well and truly out in town on his party lifestyle a long time before the ‘alleged’ incident, the company he was keeping, etc. Did Utd bring him into line, no, they gave him a massive long term contract and look where it led. The club and the player deserve each other.
To be fair he sounds a lot like Mendy whose off the field antics were widely known in South Manchester for a long time before his downfall. City didn't bring him into line. In fact Pep publically defended him when Mendy did his first lockdown breach. As they say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Last edited:
In other news, I read a headline today which says that £250k a week Mason Mount doesn't fit into the rags team and they also need a striker.
A shame tent peg didn't take advice from bluemoon....

Funny the same publication around six weeks ago were hyping him up to be a world beater. They never learn do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.