United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem United have is they should have really acted before now, not least of which if they are looking to offload him with a week left in the transfer window...for the majority of the people, anyway!
The bottom-line is there really aren't any good outcomes now for them, lets assume someone pays up 30m, no one will see that as clean money. If he isn't moved on is it realistic for him to remain at United.
In fact given the corner they have painted themselves into, this seems to be the worst route they could have chosen!
As I was thinking about all this do Manchester United still have a link with Royal Antwerp I was thinking maybe that would be an off ramp?

I think the problem United have is they should have really acted before now, not least of which if they are looking to offload him with a week left in the transfer window...for the majority of the people, anyway!
The bottom-line is there really aren't any good outcomes now for them, lets assume someone pays up 30m, no one will see that as clean money. If he isn't moved on is it realistic for him to remain at United.
In fact given the corner they have painted themselves into, this seems to be the worst route they could have chosen!
As I was thinking about all this do Manchester United still have a link with Royal Antwerp I was thinking maybe that would be an off ramp?

They didn’t read the room, putting out statements that the manager and playing staff were happy for him to return and not understanding what public opinion would be if he did ever play for them again. They used their lackeys in the media to put out the party line everything would be ok, how wrong they were. I thought they would have taken a lot more crap than this, could you have imagined what it would have been like if it was City attempting what United have done?

Those are my thoughts exactly.

These smart arses also keep going on about players like Dinho and Rodri being a No. 6, but surely, as they’re the equivalent of the old centre-half, shouldn't they be the No. 5?
Is that with Fried Rice ?

They didn’t read the room, putting out statements that the manager and playing staff were happy for him to return and not understanding what public opinion would be if he did ever play for them again. They used their lackeys in the media to put out the party line everything would be ok, how wrong they were. I thought they would have taken a lot more crap than this, could you have imagined what it would have been like if it was City attempting what United have done?
Completely stupid of them. Acting quickly and decisively they could have had the whole of this transfer window to get shot but now they may have to keep paying him for being inactive until at least January. Oh dear, what a shame.

The headline should be: Greenwood won't play for United. That would be more accurate because that's all that is happening.

They're still going to pay his wages (fair enough if there is a legal requirement)
They will still try to make a profit from selling him or loaning him.
He will have earned millions by the end of his contract with utd.

None of the above should result in a headline about them parting ways.

The headline should be: Greenwood won't play for United. That would be more accurate because that's all that is happening.

They're still going to pay his wages (fair enough if there is a legal requirement)
They will still try to make a profit from selling him or loaning him.
He will have earned millions by the end of his contract with utd.

None of the above should result in a headline about them parting ways.

Because they understand most people just read headlines and he will be like "oh they're getting shot of him, good", thinking they ripped up his contract.

All that's happened is he's up for sale or loan. Wouldn't surprise me if they prefer a loan deal so they can test the water about bringing him back again later down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.