United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong. He's a very clever guy actually.

People don't seem to understand that he's essentially an actor playing a role. In his case the role is a united fan. He's not really a united fan of course (he's a Forest fan) but he plays the role and he plays it really well. He gets loads of people to watch him watching a game and it's paid him well. It's even got him a regular slot on the radio

In my younger days I knew quite a few of the Coronation Street cast and they'd tell amusing stories of someone coming up to them when they were out, and getting really annoyed about something their character had done, or sympathising over something bad that had happened to their character.

You can certainly criticise what he represents, which is a group of people that social media has facilitated and includes people who monetise watching their team (if it's even their team) on TV. But there is no one remotely close to him that field.
Back in the day, we were having a pint one afternoon in the Blue Bell in Whitefield and sat at the table next to us was Dawn Acton, the Tracy Barlow actress, trying to have an orange juice in peace with what we assumed to be her boyfriend. Everyone kept looking over at her and eventually she goes to the bog, where clearly someone cornered her to talk about Corrie. She came back to her table, said “Fucking Tracy Barlow” grabbed her bag and her boyfriend and left. I did feel sorry for her.

I've said all along that their aim has been to meet targets. These targets are quite explicit:
  • Finish top four
  • Get to the CL knockout stage
  • Get to the QF of both domestic cups
That's their football objectives and what they base their revenue assumptions on. Anything more is a bonus, not an expectation. The first of those is key though. We saw LVG sacked even though he won them a trophy, because he didn't achieve that.
And that, IMHO, is the single biggest mistake the rags have made since the pisscan retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.