United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong. He's a very clever guy actually.

People don't seem to understand that he's essentially an actor playing a role. In his case the role is a united fan. He's not really a united fan of course (he's a Forest fan) but he plays the role and he plays it really well. He gets loads of people to watch him watching a game and it's paid him well. It's even got him a regular slot on the radio

In my younger days I knew quite a few of the Coronation Street cast and they'd tell amusing stories of someone coming up to them when they were out, and getting really annoyed about something their character had done, or sympathising over something bad that had happened to their character.

You can certainly criticise what he represents, which is a group of people that social media has facilitated and includes people who monetise watching their team (if it's even their team) on TV. But there is no one remotely close to him in that field.
The thing that gets me, it's pretty common knowledge that he is just playing the part, it's not even his real name, yet people keep getting annoyed by him and quoting him (even many United fans ) and thus act as free advertising for him, he's played a blinder

You're wrong. He's a very clever guy actually.

People don't seem to understand that he's essentially an actor playing a role. In his case the role is a united fan. He's not really a united fan of course (he's a Forest fan) but he plays the role and he plays it really well. He gets loads of people to watch him watching a game and it's paid him well. It's even got him a regular slot on the radio

In my younger days I knew quite a few of the Coronation Street cast and they'd tell amusing stories of someone coming up to them when they were out, and getting really annoyed about something their character had done, or sympathising over something bad that had happened to their character.

You can certainly criticise what he represents, which is a group of people that social media has facilitated and includes people who monetise watching their team (if it's even their team) on TV. But there is no one remotely close to him in that field.
If you watch carefully, you can tell that Goldbridge is putting on an act by his reactions; they’re clearly put on.

I never react like he does, when City score, miss, or have a goal disallowed.

Why their club always attract women beaters and abusers ? Very strange compared to other English clubs.
I think it diminishes the issue by suggesting it's something to do with United (and I realise you're far from alone in doing it - just that I saw your post today). Adam Johnson, Ched Evans, Benjamin Mendy, Jerome Boateng, Chris Killen, Robinho, Joey Barton - all arrested on charges of sexual/domestic violence - all strong links to City.

It's a problem in society, and may be a bigger problem in football, due to the clear relationship imbalances that exist.

Trying to link it to a particular club, who happen to be one of our main rivals, makes it a tribal football issue, when it's much more important.

I think united need a hell of a lot more than 3 good players

They ended the game with Evans and Maguire as a defensive partnership yesterday.

Yeah you can say it's down to injuries but that's part of the game. You're not going to be serious challengers when it's even possible to have them 2 on the pitch, regardless of circumstances.

And I don't mean just because of them two, it's clear their squad is far off the mark. I think they need way more than 3 good players.

And that's not even taking into account that you have to actually have a good eye for recruitment, which they don't. The amount of players they bring for big money that can't cut it is crazy.
I couldn’t agree more.

We’re missing if not our best, certainly our most important centre-back, John Stones, and our best playmaker, KdB, but it hasn’t affected the results, or even the performances, as we have a very strong squad, and players, who can step in and do practically as good a job as those two.

The rags do not. Mind you, nor do hardly any of the other clubs.

I think it diminishes the issue by suggesting it's something to do with United (and I realise you're far from alone in doing it - just that I saw your post today). Adam Johnson, Ched Evans, Benjamin Mendy, Jerome Boateng, Chris Killen, Robinho, Joey Barton - all arrested on charges of sexual/domestic violence - all strong links to City.

It's a problem in society, and may be a bigger problem in football, due to the clear relationship imbalances that exist.

Trying to link it to a particular club, who happen to be one of our main rivals, makes it a tribal football issue, when it's much more important.
I believe its a part of the players not being taught well enough, people are frightened to tell them the truth as they could be a meal ticket one way or another and such they feel like they are superhuman and laws don't apply to them.

That and the possibility that some girls see them as an easy target to get a pay off by proclaiming something that may not have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.