United Thread - 2023/24

I'm a big watch fan, made tons of ebayers happy as an idiot happy to part with my money. However even I won't go near this one......

This is a lovely, excellent quality watch, and a rare and unusual item of Manchester United memorabilia.
  • Certina Waterking Mens Wristwatch
  • Used condition (see photographs)
  • Automatic movement
  • Swiss made
  • Date complication
  • Gold plated
  • Stainless steel caseback
  • Working well and keeping good time
  • Sympathetically cleaned and polished
  • New leather strap (the original strap is well worn but is included in the listing due to its historical significance).
  • Great conversation piece
  • Diameter - 35mm (not inc. crown)
  • Lug width - 20mm
  • Lug-to-lug - 40mm
Previously owned by David Meek (1930-2018) - Inscription on the caseback reads:-

"Presented by the Directors of MANCHESTER UNITED F.C. to DAVID MEEK Sportswriter, on completion of 21 years reporting Manchester United matches'.

David covered the team's fortunes for the Manchester Evening News from 1958 until his retirement in 1996. He travelled far and wide with the club and this watch obviously went with him. It was presented to him in 1979 and has therefore been in the presence of many famous names from Man U. history, not least of all Sir Alex Ferguson who described David as, "part of the fabric of the club".
Internet search: - 'David Meek Journalist' for numerous articles about the man.

Edit

Just seen a report on the news on mbappe to Saudi, usual tropes, the guy presenting it Alex capstick, got a bad chuckle brothers wig and an ill judged attempt at designer stubble. In his mind he's Crockett, in reality he's a sad big nosed tubs!
Always interesting to see what the installed client scribes are rewarded with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.