United Thread | 2024/25

The Mail trumping Ugarte as the rags Rodri. Well, the headline asks the question could he be? I’ve not read the article to see if the answer is no
Tbf they are talking about Rhodri, the welsh midfielder who plays for Bangor.

Last edited:
I'm really struggling to see how a Sterling/Sancho makes sense for anyone involved (and therefore I'm all for it).

Can't see Sancho getting a look in at Chelsea and I dont see how his current salary fits in with Chelsea's new lower wage structure. If he's willing to take a significant drop in salary then surely he'd be better off joining a team where he'll thrive? At this stage of his career he can't afford to be on the fringes of another chaotically run club.

Meanwhile United don't really need Sterling and given he's on £300k a week I don't see how both sides reach an agreement on salary.
It is a very odd one. Out of the two, Sterling probably has the best chance at making it a positive move. It’s certainly one I doubt anyone saw coming, should it go through.

What it does show though is we know exactly what we are doing.

I'm really struggling to see how a Sterling/Sancho makes sense for anyone involved (and therefore I'm all for it).

Can't see Sancho getting a look in at Chelsea and I dont see how his current salary fits in with Chelsea's new lower wage structure. If he's willing to take a significant drop in salary then surely he'd be better off joining a team where he'll thrive? At this stage of his career he can't afford to be on the fringes of another chaotically run club.

Meanwhile United don't really need Sterling and given he's on £300k a week I don't see how both sides reach an agreement on salary.

Another scattergun bit of business for the rags, yes it gets Sancho gone but what are they getting? Sterling’s best years were a long time ago inside a Guardiola system, he’s failed to get anywhere near that at Chelsea and won’t get any better at the age he is now. He might get some joy going into space when they are sat in two banks of five in big games that’s about it.

It is a very odd one. Out of the two, Sterling probably has the best chance at making it a positive move. It’s certainly one I doubt anyone saw coming, should it go through.

What it does show though is we know exactly what we are doing.

Totally agree. United will be swapping a square peg on big wages (but only 2 years left on their contract) for another square peg on big wages but lumbered with them for another 3-5 years at 30 years old and with their best years undoubtedly behind them.

Ex Liverpool and city player playing for the rags?
The mardarses in the stands would self combust with bitterness.

Piss funny two of our rejects are giving the red pricks sleepless nights.
There’s probably only the Yorkshire clogger, who can beat that: City, dirty Leeds and Littlewoods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.