United Thread | 2024/25

I’ve just seen this exchange on the BBC, between pau, the rag, and Phil McNulty. Straw clutching at its finest:

Phil McNulty Q&A: 'United were utterly outclassed'published at 14:55 British Summer Time
14:55 BST​

#bbcfootball, via WhatsApp on 03301231826 or text 81111 (UK only, standard message rates apply)

Paul: Hi Phil, I have read your scathing assessment of Man United. I noticed that you didn't acknowledge that the spine of the team, Zirkzee, Ugarte and De Ligt had scant experience of the Premier League and even less of playing together. Wouldn't you consider this a mitigating factor?

Phil: There is an element of that, certainly, Paul, but it was the overall performance that was so troubling for anyone associated with Manchester United.

They were utterly outclassed, over-run and lacked any obvious strategy. They also lacked any sort of discipline. I thought they were a shambles.

Time may prove me wrong but I am not convinced by either Zirkzee or De Ligt. Too early on Ugarte.

Feel free to keep this answer, Paul, and come back to me if I’m wrong!!!

Brilliant - the gift that keeps on giving... will keep on giving because the rags can't afford to do anything about it! ha ha
The premier league will give them another leg up. Sack him for £17.5m,get another manager and back room staff on a huge contract. Give new manager £300m next summer. No questions asked. PSR,FFP?..doesn’t apply to them. That’s the reality.

How come Worzel hasn’t got Ferguson off the payroll at Old Trafford? It must have been looked at. Or is it easier to make economies cutting the little people’s jobs and the match day staff lunches?
According to a few posts on here PissCan wasn't there yesterday
Maybe Sruffy Jim has seen the old **** off.

SnapDragon is a brand of Qualcomm making chipsets for devices ranking behind Apple, AMD and Intel. Somewhat confusing as it's not a commercial brand as such and the public are unlikely to know or care what is powering their device. Could be a vanity decision as the cost of $76M is not a large amount of money for Qualcomm. They have also sponsored the home field of San Diego State football (Snapdragon Stadium), the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1team, Padres, Live Nation and a major mobile esports league (the ESL Snapdragon Pro Series.
Maybe they want in on the expected future virtual viewing of sports, getting their name out there will help them get a foothold in a multi billion value market?

It's clearly about building brand awareness and recognition as you say. But who knows the marketing strategy behind it? This is what makes valuing sponsorships so difficult. And pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.