United Thread | 2024/25

Typical of this type of investment.

Reduce 'quick win' costs, reduce cap ex,sell underused assets, access all public grants/funding, manipulate PR/media.

Scruffy Jim catweazle the petrochemical polluting tax evading chav fan is only in it for the land development opportunity.

I doubt that he gives two fucks for the lower mid table rags.

It's their historical position.
They made the club historian over 30 years redundant Asking match day staff to work under totally different conditions so much so that many of them are refusing the work and others are close to jacking it in eg they use to get 5 hours paid for 4 hours as they would generally go over the 4 hours now its 4 hours and that's it They used to get a pie and a drink, no longer From what ive heard they are close to infringing license conditions as to crowd and stadium management

Historically they've been a mid table club.

City were a much bigger club for many years.

Without the plane crash, government money, Webb and City's benevolence they'd be the stretsal Charlton Athletic.
IMG_3255.jpeg
They finally caught up to City in 82-82 season as number of points achieved in top flight

indeed. It's cut the wages...but it's seriously cut the goodwill of the longterm (nonplaying) staff. it's already been mentioned about their 34 year groundsmen at Leigh (IIRC) who's been made redundant.

I'm also guessing that a load of hospitality and backroom permanent staff have gone, to be replaced by short-term zero hours ones.
The overall wage savings could probably be covered by their mens football team foregoing far less than a month of their wages.

And the biggest elephant in the room wage is still getting his millions for doing sod all, other than looming as a spectre of the past, holding back any chance of progress.

If they crash out of the PL this year, i can't see them coming back up straight away, unless they somehow hire a decent championship manager.
They will do fuck all until pisscan goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.