United Thread | 2024/25

Like all so called journalists, always sniffing around bluemoon.

True about Charlton too. A car salesman on Ashton Moss was telling me a story when he was a youngster, waiting for his autograph numerous times, all done quite orderly. Time after time he waited and totally ignored. Until the final time, he pushed him in his face onto the floor, he's hated him ever since.
A good friend of mine is a collector of football memorabilia, he's got a fantastic collection of stuff from the 66 world cup. He's used to go to events where the players were in attendance and were happy to give autographs for a small fee. The ticket tout always refused, apparently he was worried about people selling them and making some money off him.
Another friend (rag) was a golf pro at Mere about 20 years ago and knew both Ferguson and Charlton. Said Ferguson was a decent bloke but the Tout was always looking for freebies and was I right miserable twat.

A good friend of mine is a collector of football memorabilia, he's got a fantastic collection of stuff from the 66 world cup. He's used to go to events where the players were in attendance and were happy to give autographs for a small fee. The ticket tout always refused, apparently he was worried about people selling them and making some money off him.
Another friend (rag) was a golf pro at Mere about 20 years ago and knew both Ferguson and Charlton. Said Ferguson was a decent bloke but the Tout was always looking for freebies and was I right miserable twat.
Heard the same about him myself. Everyone who meets Ferguson says he is a decent bloke to talk to and easy to get on with whereas Charlton is a bit of a ****.

Is it true that when they wanted to because a Manchester team they had Ake our clubs permission? Seeing as they wasn't from Manchester?
Not that I've heard.
I believe that they changed their name in 1902.
Their first Sugar Daddy gave them a free stadium whose name was copied from Lancashire CC though which I love to educate think Rags about when they bang on about "The Council House"

Heard the same about him myself. Everyone who meets Ferguson says he is a decent bloke to talk to and easy to get on with whereas Charlton is a bit of a ****.
Best analogy I ever heard was there were two types of Rags.
Those who wanted to meet him and those who had actually met him.
Judging by all the anecdotes on here, we can't all be wrong.

Part of being a successful manager to take people with him when he wanted them to, whereas Charlton was a hopeless manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.